The Student Room Group

Post HIV infection Fever - how long after infection does it occur?

I'm a 19 year old gay male. I tested negative for HIV around late January and have only had sex with one person since then. One night stand, knew very little about this guy. We had full sex on February 20th.

As always, I did not allow this guy to have full sex with me without a condom, although we did engage in foreplay without protection.

Recently though, I have developed strong feverish symptoms and, since I've been busy at home revising, it seems unlikely that I'd have caught a cold from anywhere. None of my family had this feverish bug.

I know that a flu-like illness is likely to occur after HIV initially infects a person. But on the NHS website, it says that this illness is likely to manifest itself a few weeks after the infection. It has been 7 weeks since I last had sex.

My question is simply, is my fever likely to be a symptom of HIV? I know that only a test will let me know for sure, but how likely is it that I have something to worry about?
Reply 1
No. Unless he was HIV+, the condom failed and he concealed that from you, it's extremely unlikely.

A test will be reliable by now, of course..
Call him up and ask him if he has it
Original post by cookiesandcream2
Call him up and ask him if he has it

yeah because I have his number lol
Not everyone gets just how anonymous casual sex on the scene can be.
Original post by unprinted
Not everyone gets just how anonymous casual sex on the scene can be.

Ah I didn't mean to be rude or flippant. You're right. It feels like a different world sometimes.

Quick Reply

Latest