The Student Room Group

Don't British girls like beards?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by 2ndtimeuniboy
In that case.. clean shave it is :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's a trick, she just wants to test your self-esteem.
Original post by hihoho
It's a trick, she just wants to test your self-esteem.

Oh lol. Haha I doubt it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 42
a neat short beard is just about ok on some people providing the neck is kept smoothly shaven, although even that does nothing for me. Bushy beards never ever look attractive in my opinion, especially with a hairy neck, urgh! I think they are very ageing and can make a guy look scruffy and dirty.
Reply 43
Original post by LolaLowe
a neat short beard is just about ok on some people providing the neck is kept smoothly shaven, although even that does nothing for me. Bushy beards never ever look attractive in my opinion, especially with a hairy neck, urgh! I think they are very ageing and can make a guy look scruffy and dirty.

some girls like scruffy n dirty guys :wink:
Reply 44
I think beards look good on some people. I love it when my bf grows his!
Reply 45
Tends to be a love-it-or-hate-it type deal in this country. I *think* the generally accepted rule is "neat stubble if done right can look swarthy and attractive; Proper beards are a niche taste".

Personally I'm a big fan of them, and tend to think most people look better with a well-maintained one. My partner has a long (think Zakk Wylde) beard and I don't think he'd look right without it. That said, it definitely makes people look older and possibly more scruffy, but those are both things I like, so...
Reply 46
I'd love a beard regardless of what women thought. Unfortunately mine grows all patchy and I have mild trichtillomania so I have to clean shave :-(

Posted from TSR Mobile
if it's neatly trimmed I like it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 48
Original post by ILovePancakes
Haha, why??

:beard:, Thats why :tongue:
Reply 49
Original post by Maid Marian
No, not really. You have to be something really special to pull it off! :tongue:
I've been told by a couple of my friends that I really suit my beard. One of my friends who first knew me without a beard actually said that I don't look like me without one.
I was never one for a guy with a beard or stubble, until I met a guy with alot of stubble and now I love stubble. Just depends on the person I think!
Original post by Anonymous
I've noticed here in the UK that not many guys have beards. In my home country, different beard styles are quite common..

I had a beard in my first year of uni and never had much attention from girls. Once some girl told me in the queue of a nightclub to get rid of it - I did, and immediately started getting girls hitting on me.

Don't British girls generally find beards very attractive? I don't mean like some hobo or Osama beards, but nicely trimmed and clean ones or little goatees.
many English I am noticing are growing beard these days
mainly what im seeing is the typical white middle class boy that is copying that one from Made in Chelsea when he had a beard. it is a passing phase all these sheeps follow
Reply 52
Yeah I agree with everyone saying a bit of stubble. I do like beards though, but neatly trimmed ones.
Reply 53
Original post by Anonymous
I've noticed here in the UK that not many guys have beards. In my home country, different beard styles are quite common..

I had a beard in my first year of uni and never had much attention from girls. Once some girl told me in the queue of a nightclub to get rid of it - I did, and immediately started getting girls hitting on me.

Don't British girls generally find beards very attractive? I don't mean like some hobo or Osama beards, but nicely trimmed and clean ones or little goatees.
i'm not british but i loooove beards! More the Canadian lumberjack style :wink:
not really. I know a lot of guys who like the idea of having a beard, my bf included, but im trying to put him off the idea :P stubble can be reeeeally hot but not beards (in my opinion).
Reply 55
Original post by farrisraza
some girls like scruffy n dirty guys :wink:

yeah I'm among them, but i like dirty guys, not dirty ones! :wink:
Reply 56
Original post by LolaLowe
yeah I'm among them, but i like dirty guys, not dirty ones! :wink:

who doesn't like a dirty guys, i mean dirty dirty ones :wink:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 57
Some stubble can be great, but beards are a complete no no. None of my friends (girls) like beards either.

For me, you can have the hottest body in the world and super sexy features, but if you have a beard I ain't going near you.
Some guys look great with beards but no guys around my age tend to have full beards. It's usually like 21+ (from what I've seen). But I love the beard, tattoos and/or piercings combo :colondollar:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending