The Student Room Group

Don't British girls like beards?

I've noticed here in the UK that not many guys have beards. In my home country, different beard styles are quite common..

I had a beard in my first year of uni and never had much attention from girls. Once some girl told me in the queue of a nightclub to get rid of it - I did, and immediately started getting girls hitting on me.

Don't British girls generally find beards very attractive? I don't mean like some hobo or Osama beards, but nicely trimmed and clean ones or little goatees.

Scroll to see replies

A bit of stubble can be really sexy, but on the whole, no - I don't like beards.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Was it a proper beard or some level of stubble?
Reply 3
Original post by ILovePancakes
A bit of stubble can be really sexy, but on the whole, no - I don't like beards.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thats a shame :tongue:
I find girls tend to like them if they're really trimmed and refined. Bushy not so much.
Some do, some don't. I like stubble and I'm not really a fan of beards, unless they really suit the person (I really don't think it's something everyone can get away with). But I know people that are really into beards, so :tongue:
Reply 6
Vom. No. Never.

Unless you are Depp

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by marinaim
Vom. No. Never.

Unless you are Depp

Posted from TSR Mobile

or unless they're me, right?
Reply 8
A lot don't but there are some who do. I've got a couple of friends who absolutely love beards

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
I don't think the beard is the problem here.....
Reply 10
I personally prefer no facial fuzz or light stubble/neat beard. My bf grew a full on bushy ginger beard and he actually suits it. I wouldn't know what to make of him without it now, its grew on me so to speak hahaha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
us british muslim girls definitely do..
Reply 12
IMO some men can pull them off, whilst they can make others look old/scruffy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gemmam
IMO some men can pull them off

I've got a pull-off one. For japes, scrapes and escapes.
Hijabis are fawning over it.
Original post by Anonymous
I've noticed here in the UK that not many guys have beards. In my home country, different beard styles are quite common..

I had a beard in my first year of uni and never had much attention from girls. Once some girl told me in the queue of a nightclub to get rid of it - I did, and immediately started getting girls hitting on me.

Don't British girls generally find beards very attractive? I don't mean like some hobo or Osama beards, but nicely trimmed and clean ones or little goatees.

In general, yeah, I would say in the UK it's not really common for guys to have beards as it is in some other countries(where are you from by the way?)

However, the fact that girls didn't find you attractive with a beard may also have to do with how a beard looks on you.

It's nothing to do with being ugly or good looking, but beards just don't suit some people because they don't have the right facial features/shape (I know because I'm one of those people), so that may have also been a factor.
Reply 16
Not really.
I love facial hair on a guy, I think all men look better with a bit of a beard. Nothing too long or bushy though.
Reply 18
I LOVE facial fuzz. I need a man to have a little beard or goatee - it has to be really closely-trimmed though. The second it's long enough to be twirling, nuh-uh.
Bit of stubble is possibly the hottest thing on the planet.. But an actual beard does nothing for me

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending