The Student Room Group

If you could visit/live in any place of the world, where would it be and why?

For me it would have to be New York, I just think its possible to do anything there whatever your profession is and its also an absolutely awesome place to call home.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
moved to chat
Reply 2
NYC as well, the city that never sleeps
Reply 3
Original post by Robbie242
NYC as well, the city that never sleeps

I think Hong Kong would be cool aswell. The only off-putting thing is the food.
For me ir would be more like were I don't what to visit as there are so place I what to go

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Reykjavik because I visited last year and fell in love with the place.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Visit - Russia, as i have always been interested in Russian History and Culture :redface:
I want to visit Las Vegas before I die :moon:

But I'd love to live in London.
Bangladesh. I love the country so sooooo much, and they're my brothers from other mothers. :gangster: There's no concept of time there, it's so difficult for a Londoner to get used to such a relaxed environment, but once you do you never wanna leave. Plus their fries are soooo nice! I've only been there once in my life, but still, I love it so.. :love:
Original post by Froobee
For me it would have to be New York, I just think its possible to do anything there whatever your profession is and its also an absolutely awesome place to call home.

For me it would be poland. I would love to go back to the country i was brought up in.:smile:
Anywhere in California except for LA.
Fiji. It is just such a naturally beautiful place

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think I'd like to live in the Shetland Isles. I've family there and the few times I've been it seems a fantastic place.
Reply 13
Costa rica!!!!
Park Avenue, Manhattan. After visiting New York for the first time I just knew the city lifestyle was for me. I am from London so I am used to the hustle and bustle but to me New York has a different feel to it. The streets are noisier, more congested and the scenery makes me feel so ALIVE. Manhattan has lots of little quirky districts and areas with so much to explore and do. I prefer American stores and overall I just love the sophistication of the Upper East Side.
Visit- Iowa during the summer time, or anywhere on the coast of The USA during summer.

Live -The Netherlands. It was so nice and relaxed when I visited last year and I liked how the roads were designed so perfectly for cyclists. I can see myself living there peacefully. The language is similar to English too so it wouldn't be so hard to fit in, but it's not known for sounding nice like the Romance languages :tongue:

I'd also like to live in Belgium, but I was only there for less than 24hours so I'm not so sure about life there.
(edited 9 years ago)
So many places I want to visit/travel to. I don't think there's many places I wouldn't like to go :tongue:
I'd love to live in Canada though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Froobee

Not really you still get homeless people and people in poverty/criminals/bad areas etc sorry t burst your ideal epitome of the American Dream. That said if I was in a decent paying job I'm tempted to also say New York it's a big if but I'd have disposable income enough to truly enjoy it
Reply 18
Original post by 2ndClass
Anywhere in California except for LA.

Santa Monica! It's basically paradise on earth.
Reply 19
Original post by Technetium
Park Avenue, Manhattan. After visiting New York for the first time I just knew the city lifestyle was for me. I am from London so I am used to the hustle and bustle but to me New York has a different feel to it. The streets are noisier, more congested and the scenery makes me feel so ALIVE. Manhattan has lots of little quirky districts and areas with so much to explore and do. I prefer American stores and overall I just love the sophistication of the Upper East Side.

Exactly why I love New York! It is just so awesome. No other place comes close to it.

Quick Reply

Latest