The Student Room Group

East Asians are the most intelligent of the human race

This includes Japanese, Chinese, Koreans etc.

Discuss!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Arieisit
This includes Japanese, Chinese, Koreans etc.

Discuss!

Wrong, the Jewish people are the most intelligent. Consider Nobel prizes given. Jews comprise of less than 0.2% of the world's population, yet jews have won a total of 41% of all Nobel Prizes in ecnomics, 28% of medicine, 26% of physics, 19% of chemistry, 13% of literature, and 9% of all peace awards.
and Indians
Reply 3
Original post by Ribbit1234
and Indians

Amen sister :top:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Doctor_Einstein
Wrong, the Jewish people are the most intelligent. Consider Nobel prizes given. Jews comprise of less than 0.2% of the world's population, yet jews have won a total of 41% of all Nobel Prizes in ecnomics, 28% of medicine, 26% of physics, 19% of chemistry, 13% of literature, and 9% of all peace awards.

It can be argued that the Nobel Prize committee is biased.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It can be argued that the Nobel Prize committee is biased.

Really? Can it sensibly be argued that "the Nobel Prize Committee", actually a number of committees convened in different fields and with changing constituencies reflecting a hundred year existence, has consistently been biased toward Jews?

Seems like tinfoil-hat bull****.
Reply 6
Original post by Ribbit1234
and Indians

so true..
expected that we would be getting unanimous support on intelligence tho :rolleyes:
No countries have 'smarter' people.It's just that the countries mentioned in this thread tend to have better a better work ethic when it comes to education and discipline.
Reply 8
Original post by Triumph_Turtle
No countries have 'smarter' people.It's just that the countries mentioned in this thread tend to have better a better work ethic when it comes to education and discipline.

And you don't think this shows that they are intrinsically more intelligent for their practices?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by cambio wechsel
Really? Can it sensibly be argued that "the Nobel Prize Committee", actually a number of committees convened in different fields and with changing constituencies reflecting a hundred year existence, has consistently been biased toward Jews?

Seems like tinfoil-hat bull****.

I have no business or desire to hold a discussion with someone who cannot refrian from using obscenities to bring across his point which was nit very well argued to begin with. I suggest you release yourself from this thread.

Posted from TSR Mobile
And you don't think this shows that they are intrinsically more intelligent for their practices?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not really.I get where you're coming from but I don't equate hard-work to pure intelligence.Imagine two computers for example,a normal one using all it's capacity may produce equal/better results when running a task then a super computer using a small percentage of it's power.Weird analogy but it's late :smile:.

I don't deny that Asian students produce some outstanding results and that there are lots of 'geniuses'(hate that word) that hail from those parts,but a lot of this is due to cultural and economic issues,like wanting to escape poverty to help their families in places like India or aggressive parenting and pressure from the government in countries like China,the latter having horrible effects on people(just look at the suicide/depression rates for Japan).

I am of course generalising quite a bit but when it comes down to it unless you suffer from a mental condition you're not going to be inherently more 'intelligent' just because you were born in a certain place and have some special genetics ,it's all down to culture and motivation for education.
Reply 11
Original post by Triumph_Turtle
Not really.I get where you're coming from but I don't equate hard-work to pure intelligence.Imagine two computers for example,a normal one using all it's capacity may produce equal/better results when running a task then a super computer using a small percentage of it's power.Weird analogy but it's late :smile:.

I don't deny that Asian students produce some outstanding results and that there are lots of 'geniuses'(hate that word) that hail from those parts,but a lot of this is due to cultural and economic issues,like wanting to escape poverty to help their families in places like India or aggressive parenting and pressure from the government in countries like China,the latter having horrible effects on people(just look at the suicide/depression rates for Japan).

I am of course generalising quite a bit but when it comes down to it unless you suffer from a mental condition you're not going to be inherently more 'intelligent' just because you were born in a certain place and have some special genetics ,it's all down to culture and motivation for education.

Who said anything about special genetics? I am saying that they are genetically superior.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have no business or desire to hold a discussion with someone who cannot refrian from using obscenities to bring across his point which was nit very well argued to begin with. I suggest you release yourself from this thread.

Nice one. In your race-bait thread you blithely imply that perhaps some (significant?) proportion of Jewish Nobel prize winners in fact didn't deserve their awards and impute a bias to the awarding committees. I call this bull**** and am the one placing himself beyond the conversational pale. Oh dear.

Sensitive as you are, I hope you can live with "tool".
Who said anything about special genetics? I am saying that they are genetically superior.

And I bet you can cite a host of evidence from peer-reviewed sources to back this up :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

"genetically superior"=special genetics,same difference.
I thought this could actually be a sensible debate about the potential and achievements of different countries but if you just want a race-bait thread then this becomes a much more simple matter...you're wrong.Healthy humans are all born with the same intellectual potential,no matter where they're from.Plain and simple.
Reply 15
Original post by Sir Fox
And I bet you can cite a host of evidence from peer-reviewed sources to back this up :wink:

http://morganparkcps.enschool.org/ourpages/auto/2009/2/25/30086492/article%201%20intelligence%20culture_1_.docx
I wouldn't know, I'm not an expert in the field of genetics. Anecdotally though, East Asians are great academically but **** in practical and social matters.
I'm smarter than all my asian friends

denieddddddddddddddddddd

(aka you can't generalise, but there is a trend that they are the most intelligent, yes)
Many of them are forced to work hard, which isn't the same thing.
Original post by qwertyking
Many of them are forced to work hard, which isn't the same thing.

how do you differentiate between the two?

Quick Reply

Latest