The Student Room Group

Help! What Should i Do?

Hello, im having some trouble what i should do next....
Im a 16 yr old, im taking 12 GCSE's
Mathematics OCR statistics A
Mathematics OCR methods A
Mathematics A (ive already got an A)
English literature C (ive already got a C)
English language B
Biology A
Chemistry A
Physics A
German A
Geography A
Physical education A*
Ethics and Philosophy B

The grades are what im hoping for when receiving my results

Im going to be taking the following subjects for A-Level
Mathematics
Biology
Geography
Physics

Im not sure what i really want to do as a career yet, and thats what i need help with, what do you guys think i should do as a profession?

Im also thinking about doing a Computer Science Degree at University

Also i believe that my sport will help me get to wherever i want to get, im a competitive swimmer- i swim 23hours a week in between doing school work and eating and sleeping, i really think this shows my dedication and enthusiasm towards something i really want.

Could the professions you advise be with a high salery as well please... Need to pay mum and dad back for all the money theyve spent on me 😏

Thank you

HAPPY EASTER

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Hello there,

choosing careers can be tricking, I think computer science is a excellent career to do if you get those grades that you are aiming for.
Because you said you want to do physics and maths at A-levels I think engineering will also be a good career to chose there are many engineering courses such as software engineering, aeronautic engineering, marine engineering etc. OR as you are planning to take geography for A-levels you could be Geographical information systems officer; (it is a computerised system used for the collection, storage, analysis, manipulation and presentation of complex geographical information.) But it is really up to you, my advise would be to chose go for the subjects that you are interested in most. if you would like to do biology and chemistry you could study for botany, phycology, medicine, chemist. but for all these carriers you need to get a B or above at least. 5A* to C grade for GCSE. still if you are not sure, chat to a carrier adviser, or may be your teachers can help too. oh and yes of course these careers will provide you with a high salary :smile:

I am also confused about this but I decided to do medicine or engineering. hahah :smile: good luck with your exams too. HAPPY EASTER!

Hope this helped.
Megan :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2
👌☺️thank you very much, engineering does sound a good idea, ill look into it, thank you for the advice ☺️
Keefe

👌

Quick Reply

Latest