The Student Room Group

BA Social Work

Help needed!! Anyone studying, or about to, Social Work who would be up for a chat? :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by samgriff
Help needed!! Anyone studying, or about to, Social Work who would be up for a chat? :smile:

I'm applying for it, if that counts? :smile:
Reply 2
Hi, yes please, which Uni have you applied for?
Reply 3
I see from your info you are 37 not as old as me 42 ! But hey !
Reply 4
Hiya! Nice to see a fellow mature student round here!
I've applied to Edge Hill and Uclan. Not heard anything yet. You?
Reply 5
Havent finished completing UCAS form yet! Am applying Bradford Uni they seem fairly confident i could still get on in September. Its the finance stuff im hesitant about sorting out grants and stuff and deciding if could survive. Do you mind me askin yr financial situ will you be relying on grants loans etc?

Hi,
I'm going to study Social Work in September at the University of Sunderland.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
You don't want to know about my financial stuff, trust me. I have a complex situation. Are you worried about being able to survive on grants and loans, etc? I think it's possible, but it certainly won't be a glamorous :wink:
Reply 8
Ye thts what im.worried about. I know no bursary in first year. I could get maint grant and maint loan. Then maybe some other stuff like access to learning maybe hardship fund, child tax credits. My partner only earns 15k so if i stopped work would be classed as low income i think. Do you think any more support I could get tht ive missed? And thanks
Reply 9

I got rejected from Bradford Uni but i got into Huddersfield :biggrin: What would you like to chat about? by the way i'm 19 :biggrin:
Original post by Jerry
I got rejected from Bradford Uni but i got into Huddersfield :biggrin: What would you like to chat about? by the way i'm 19 :biggrin:

Hello I'm going to huddersfield, have you decided you are off there?
Reply 11
Original post by marieroseharris
Hello I'm going to huddersfield, have you decided you are off there?

Awesome! Yes i have decided i will definitely go Hudds if i get 300 ucas points if i don't i'll be very disappointed ...
Original post by Jerry
Awesome! Yes i have decided i will definitely go Hudds if i get 300 ucas points if i don't i'll be very disappointed ...

Nice one, are u doing alevels? Maybe see u in sept ! Hopefully
Reply 13
Nice one, are u doing alevels? Maybe see u in sept ! Hopefully

Yes i'm doing my A-Levels :smile: OMG yess hopefully i will see you in sep! How old are you if you don't mind me asking plus i'll have to be travelling by train because i'm not from Huddersfield
Original post by Jerry
Yes i'm doing my A-Levels :smile: OMG yess hopefully i will see you in sep! How old are you if you don't mind me asking plus i'll have to be travelling by train because i'm not from Huddersfield

What subjects are you doing? Good luck! Haha I will be 26 years old when we start in September :frown:. Where about are you from?
Reply 15
What subjects are you doing? Good luck! Haha I will be 26 years old when we start in September :frown:. Where about are you from?

Check ur Private message i replied there :smile:
Hi everyone!
I have offers for Leeds Met, Sheffield Hallam, Huddersfield and Bradford for a 2014 start.
Huddersfield is my firm choice with Bradford as my insurance.
I am 36 and will travel in each day. Anyone going to the applicant day on Tuesday at Huddersfield ?
Original post by Rainbowvic
Hi everyone!
I have offers for Leeds Met, Sheffield Hallam, Huddersfield and Bradford for a 2014 start.
Huddersfield is my firm choice with Bradford as my insurance.
I am 36 and will travel in each day. Anyone going to the applicant day on Tuesday at Huddersfield ?

Hello! Nice to hear from more people! Well I wanted to go to that applicant day - but I can't get any childcare for my daughter.
Any idea of what the time table will be? From what I've asked looks like 3 days.... But that could be wrong!
The open day said to expect 2-2half days.
Original post by Rainbowvic
The open day said to expect 2-2half days.

Have you decided huddersfield yet? I can't wait! I couldn't get childcare either so could not attend

Quick Reply

Latest