The Student Room Group

GCSE german speaking

Hi I'm doing a speaking assessment after easter on the topic holidays, I was wondering what to include to get high marks. E.g genitive cases? Its a role play. I was wondering what's some useful 'waffle' phrases as well?
Reply 1
Original post by Christina Tiana
Hi I'm doing a speaking assessment after easter on the topic holidays, I was wondering what to include to get high marks. E.g genitive cases? Its a role play. I was wondering what's some useful 'waffle' phrases as well?

Hi :smile:
The most important thing is to keep talking, if all you can think of at the time are basic sentences then say those, rather than sitting in silence trying to think of something complex.
That said, if you know what it's on come up with some pre-prepared phrases, as far as I can remember trying to use complex cases gets good marks.
Fluency is definitely marked over accuracy though, just focus on saying as much as you can in the time you have.

Hope this helps, feel free to ask if you need any more help
Original post by ninaballet
Hi :smile:
The most important thing is to keep talking, if all you can think of at the time are basic sentences then say those, rather than sitting in silence trying to think of something complex.
That said, if you know what it's on come up with some pre-prepared phrases, as far as I can remember trying to use complex cases gets good marks.
Fluency is definitely marked over accuracy though, just focus on saying as much as you can in the time you have.

Hope this helps, feel free to ask if you need any more help

Thank you for the quick reply, I was wondering if you know german well? And if you do could you check over what I have prepared for the speaking to check for grammatical errors?:biggrin:
Reply 3
Thank you for the quick reply, I was wondering if you know german well? And if you do could you check over what I have prepared for the speaking to check for grammatical errors?:biggrin:

I'm doing A Level now, so I'm willing to have a lot but I can't guarantee I'll spot everything! :smile:
I'm doing A Level now, so I'm willing to have a lot but I can't guarantee I'll spot everything! :smile:

THANK YOU, it'll be very helpful :biggrin:
Reply 5
THANK YOU, it'll be very helpful :biggrin:

Hi :smile: Here you go, I really hope I haven't changed anything that was right or anything, I'm so sorry if I have! I've put the things I've change in red, if it's in brackets it means I think it shouldn't be there
Hi :smile: Here you go, I really hope I haven't changed anything that was right or anything, I'm so sorry if I have! I've put the things I've change in red, if it's in brackets it means I think it shouldn't be there

VIELEN DANK! Do you think I should include any other type of cases or tenses? thank you for checking over it, now I need to memorise it haha:biggrin:
Reply 7
VIELEN DANK! Do you think I should include any other type of cases or tenses? thank you for checking over it, now I need to memorise it haha:biggrin:

I don't think I used any others in mine and I did ok :smile: good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest