The Student Room Group

If you could choose your GCSE options again...

For those who have done who are doing their gcse's
If you could choose your GCSE options again- what subjects would you change, and what gcse's do you wish you had done?

Scroll to see replies

I regret not doing history.
If id have been able to choose 1 more subject, id have chosen history.
What GCSE's you chose as optional don't matter when applying to university so I could care less, as long as all the core subjects are there.
I would drop History, Geography and Food Tech like a hot potato. Can't stand the copious amounts of bull**** in them.
Original post by Abdul-Karim
What GCSE's you chose as optional don't matter when applying to university so I could care less, as long as all the core subjects are there.

I meant did anyone choose a subject that they then absolutely hated or struggled with. Or does anyone wish they had chosen a subject at gcse that they thought they would have enjoyed.
Reply 5
German instead of French.
Reply 6
History instead of Product Design.
I regret not choosing French, geography is far too boring and pretty much useless for me.
Reply 8
DT instead of geography
Reply 9
I wouldn't have taken art, requires way too much time/effort. I would have then l taken economics instead
Reply 10
To be honest, I'm sure most people regret at least 1 of their GCSE options... which is quite sad really, ahah :')

For me, it's got to be taking Geography and Art. I thought they were bearable up until about now, where I'm sat here struggling to learn 18 case studies and I've lost half of my art coursework (which is due in in less than a week) :afraid::cry:

I just wish I'd thought more about them :rolleyes:

Two humanities subjects is quite tricky when it comes to revision, too, or is that just me?
They seem to be the subjects with the most information to cover.

*Thinks back to the carefree days of Y9* ahhhh, those were the days :awesome:
Original post by Emma:-)
I regret not doing history.
If id have been able to choose 1 more subject, id have chosen history.

Exactly the same :five:

Oh and I would drop my compulsory subjects if I could :yep:
I would definitely swap Business Studies for Geography. Geography was a more safe option for me but I chose to do Business as something different but found out it's not taught very well at my school. It also means I don't do a humanity. I do 2 languages which I sometimes regret picking as it means my options are less broad. I wish RE wasn't compulsory at our school either. :smile:
I would of taken Sociology over Geography and probably not have taken H&S Care , just because it's a bore :tongue:
Original post by VioletPhillippo
I would definitely swap Business Studies for Geography. Geography was a more safe option for me but I chose to do Business as something different but found out it's not taught very well at my school. It also means I don't do a humanity. I do 2 languages which I sometimes regret picking as it means my options are less broad. I wish RE wasn't compulsory at our school either. :smile:

I thought about picking 2 languages at gcse (french and spanish).
Im glad my school talked me out of taking the 2. I just chose french. I loved french up until i started year 10. I think the teacher i had ruined it for me. I sometimes wish id done spanish instead.
I'd swap food tech with product design. Other than that, I'd probably keep French, triple science and ICT
I'd choose the same ones all over again. It was a very good choice.
I would drop business and maybe history for.....Idk

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
I did French, sociology and business studies. I didn't actually want to do sociology; I only picked it because I had to drop double science as my teacher was quite thick. However, sociology was the only one I liked!

If I could've not had an awful teacher, I'd have done double science. I also picked statistics as an option, but it didn't run as only 2 people chose it, so I had to do business. So I'd do that as my third.
Reply 19
[Deleted]
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest