The Student Room Group

Best 5 Uni's for ME to studt Geology at.

I am currently studying Geology Geography Maths and Physics AS levels and I am definitely going to drop Physics next year due to my difficulty and currently lack of interest with the subject but I will carry the others on into A2. I was wondering what would be the best 5 uni's for me to pick. I am looking at ABB as a maximum so I was thinking two or three at ABB and then two or three insurance Uni's. The courses I would be more interested in would be ones with a decent amount of maths involved and I enjoy physical geography too and I am very much interested in Engineering Geology. I have looked at Manchester and Southampton and I know that Southampton is known for earth/marine sciences but I saw that Birbeck was fith for geology in a league table i found I was also looking at Plymouth. Thanks for reading, hope you can help :smile:
Original post by WillW97
I am currently studying Geology Geography Maths and Physics AS levels and I am definitely going to drop Physics next year due to my difficulty and currently lack of interest with the subject but I will carry the others on into A2. I was wondering what would be the best 5 uni's for me to pick. I am looking at ABB as a maximum so I was thinking two or three at ABB and then two or three insurance Uni's. The courses I would be more interested in would be ones with a decent amount of maths involved and I enjoy physical geography too and I am very much interested in Engineering Geology. I have looked at Manchester and Southampton and I know that Southampton is known for earth/marine sciences but I saw that Birbeck was fith for geology in a league table i found I was also looking at Plymouth. Thanks for reading, hope you can help :smile:

Leicester, Birmingham, Bristol (if your school is in the bottom 40%, check the list), Manchester, Southampton, Cardiff, RHU.

I can't really think of any more. With ABB you can get into all these.

If you feel you can defo get ABB don't feel an insurance of different grades is necessary - my firm and insurance are the same grades.

Also ignore the tables for geology, geology is very different from other subjects that the tables can't really help much. Of these I would say for engineering geology, Manchester is the best, for mathematical content, Bristol, and physical stuff Birmingham. All three of these have a good mix of each.

Note: Bristol is worlds best in volcanology, Manchester is the best in the UK in petroleum eng/geoscience bar imperial, Birmingham is the UK best in mapping and field work and structural etc. as you said, Southampton is UK's best in ocean geology.

I would say pick four of these and then one BBB uni, or below, depending on what your results are like and what you think you can do at A2. :smile:

If you have more qu.s, just ask :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending