The Student Room Group

TFL apprenticeship

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Hallsty
I did my Assessment in the middle of March which i passed, it took them until the 1st of May to tell me when my interview was (which I had on friday!) so don't worry, it took them 6 weeks to get back to me, you'll hear from them soon.

How did you find the interview? How long did it last and what were the questions like? I have a interview in 3 weeks. I have applied for the Lu Engineering Apprenticeship (Signals)

To everyone else don't panic, I don't my AC 09-04-14 and have only just heard back regarding interview dates today.
Original post by Nelder
How did the interview go? I went to the assessment centre on 9th of April and only just received my interview date. What were the questions like? I applied for Signals 3 year engineering apprenticeship.

Just got a email from TfL saying that I was success with the online tests I did and that they are now considering my application for the assessment centre. This is for the Information Mangement Apprenticeship. What did you have to do at the assessment centre? Is there a interview or do they invite you back anotherday?
Original post by Nelder
How did you find the interview? How long did it last and what were the questions like? I have a interview in 3 weeks. I have applied for the Lu Engineering Apprenticeship (Signals)

To everyone else don't panic, I don't my AC 09-04-14 and have only just heard back regarding interview dates today.

Thanks that's a relief. I done my AC on the 11th of April. Hopefully should receive the email soon.
Reply 63
Original post by franchise_o
did u get through to network rail too?

well I think I did pretty well on the assessment day so i' hoping for a call this week.
Just got a call from TFL today for an interview next wednesday
Reply 64
Original post by StevenJH
Ah I wouldnt worry mate, I imagine they've got a lot of interviews to sort out for the different schemes and what not. What did you apply for within network rail?

Track initialy but I changed it to signalling on the asessment day.
Got a call from TFL for an interview next Wednesday, hopefully it should go well
Reply 65
Is anyone trying to get onto the Network rail apprenticechip? If you've already had the assessment day can you let me know how long it was beofre they contacted you?
Reply 66
Original post by m.p12345
Track initialy but I changed it to signalling on the asessment day.
Got a call from TFL for an interview next Wednesday, hopefully it should go well

Good luck with the interview, can you inform me as to how intense it was etc if possible? many thanks.
Reply 67
Original post by warrior2302
Just got a email from TfL saying that I was success with the online tests I did and that they are now considering my application for the assessment centre. This is for the Information Mangement Apprenticeship. What did you have to do at the assessment centre? Is there a interview or do they invite you back anotherday?

On the assessment centre we done 3 tests. The first test was the mechanical test (which they mark there and then to inform you if you have passed or not) if you pass the mechanical test you then do two more tests which they then marked and told us if we were successfully through to the interview stage or not. It was fairly easy its just you need to work at a quick but accurate pace.
Reply 68
Any idea what the questions might be for the interview M.p?
Original post by Nelder
On the assessment centre we done 3 tests. The first test was the mechanical test (which they mark there and then to inform you if you have passed or not) if you pass the mechanical test you then do two more tests which they then marked and told us if we were successfully through to the interview stage or not. It was fairly easy its just you need to work at a quick but accurate pace.

cheers mate, thanks for letting me know buddy..
Reply 70
Original post by 00walker
Any idea what the questions might be for the interview M.p?

umm i've got a feeling it's going to be a comptency based interview
Reply 71
Hey guys got some good news i've been accepted on the Network Rail advanced appreticeship scheme for signalling :biggrin:
Reply 72
Hey guys got some good news i've been accepted on the Network Rail advanced appreticeship scheme for signalling :biggrin:

Congratulations mate, well done! You still going for TFL interview?
Reply 73
Original post by Nelder
Congratulations mate, well done! You still going for TFL interview?

cheers dude, yea im still on for the interview
Reply 74
cheers dude, yea im still on for the interview

Ok mate, any chance you can give me an insight as to how the interview is and perhaps how long you are actually interviewed for? Thanks.
Reply 75

Well done mate, what was the application process like for Network Rail if you dont mind me asking?
Reply 76
Original post by StevenJH
Well done mate, what was the application process like for Network Rail if you dont mind me asking?

if its the assessment day your talking about then it is a day which consists of a competency based interview, SHL test and team work excersise. theres also an eye color test and documents check.
Reply 77
How did the interview go?
Reply 78
if its the assessment day your talking about then it is a day which consists of a competency based interview, SHL test and team work excersise. theres also an eye color test and documents check.

Oh right sounds alright, whats it like before hand? Like is there a lot of stages like the TFL one?
Hi all! If you want to find out a bit more before your interviews about what the role is really like you can answer questions like: 'What interests you about this apprenticeship' and 'why do you want to work for TfL?' then have a look at these reviews from current apprentices at TfL.

Let me know if I can help at all :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending