The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Student accommodation

I've recently received my conditional offer for Children's nursing at King's and in the middle of choosing my accommodation. Really unsure of where to choose as i don't know if factors of locality to the university or costs are more important. Any advice or reasons you've chosen yours?
Original post by eserruya
I've recently received my conditional offer for Children's nursing at King's and in the middle of choosing my accommodation. Really unsure of where to choose as i don't know if factors of locality to the university or costs are more important. Any advice or reasons you've chosen yours?

Hi there :smile:

congratulations on the offer! I will be starting Adult Nursing in September :smile:

These are the order I have put accommodation (well the main ones) and the reason as to why

1. Moonraker Point - Having weighed up all the accommodation options I felt it was one of the best suited for people who have to be up super early to get the hospital for 7am and being 22 when I start and in a long term relationship I thought it was best for me personally. Also it is a 10 minute walk to Waterloo campus, 16 minute walk to St Thomas, and 16 minute walk to Guys so nicely placed in the middle of everything for me :smile:
2. SSA - En-suite and the fact I can wake up half hour before lectures :tongue:
3. GDSA - Again En-suite and it's right near Guys hospital (25 minute walk to Waterloo and like a 5 minute walk to Guys I believe)
4. Champion Hill - Not really sure on this one but even though it's a mission to get to Waterloo from there it is right near King's College Hospital so has great opportunities for placements (hopefully)

The rest I've sort of just done from preference of location and appearance rather than any specific reason. I feel quite confident with my choice as moonraker for my first choice though :smile: Hope this has helped at all!
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Daniellesirena
Hi there :smile:

congratulations on the offer! I will be starting Adult Nursing in September :smile:

These are the order I have put accommodation (well the main ones) and the reason as to why

1. Moonraker Point - Having weighed up all the accommodation options I felt it was one of the best suited for people who have to be up super early to get the hospital for 7am and being 22 when I start and in a long term relationship I thought it was best for me personally. Also it is a 10 minute walk to Waterloo campus, 16 minute walk to St Thomas, and 16 minute walk to Guys so nicely placed in the middle of everything for me :smile:
2. SSA - En-suite and the fact I can wake up half hour before lectures :tongue:
3. GDSA - Again En-suite and it's right near Guys hospital (25 minute walk to Waterloo and like a 5 minute walk to Guys I believe)
4. Champion Hill - Not really sure on this one but even though it's a mission to get to Waterloo from there it is right near King's College Hospital so has great opportunities for placements (hopefully)

The rest I've sort of just done from preference of location and appearance rather than any specific reason. I feel quite confident with my choice as moonraker for my first choice though :smile: Hope this has helped at all!

Thankyou for the advice! :smile: when you also completed the actual application process, on stage 3 roommate matching preference it says 'are you willing to share?' does this mean actual room? or flat? bathroom? im confused:curious::dontknow:
Reply 3
Thankyou for the advice! :smile: when you also completed the actual application process, on stage 3 roommate matching preference it says 'are you willing to share?' does this mean actual room? or flat? bathroom? im confused:curious::dontknow:

Congrats! I'm starting adult nursing in sept :smile:. I took it as are you willing to share a room, I hope I was right to assume that though haha!
Reply 4
Original post by can1
Congrats! I'm starting adult nursing in sept :smile:. I took it as are you willing to share a room, I hope I was right to assume that though haha!

Okay great, thanks very much and congrats on your place!:biggrin:
Reply 5
Okay great, thanks very much and congrats on your place!:biggrin:

Thankyou :biggrin: so excited for sept! Can't wait!
Reply 6
Original post by can1
Thankyou :biggrin: so excited for sept! Can't wait!

Me neither!:biggrin: which accommodation was your first preference? :bl::cheers:
Reply 7
Me neither!:biggrin: which accommodation was your first preference? :bl::cheers:

Mine was stamford street, great dover, wolfson as my top 3 :smile: what about yours?
Reply 8
Does anyone know how long it takes to receive an accommodation offer?Or if anyone has received an offer how long it took after the application was submitted?

Thanks! :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by can1
Mine was stamford street, great dover, wolfson as my top 3 :smile: what about yours?

My top three were wolfson house, Ewan henderson and Julian Markham. the last two weren't that close to the campus' but were a bit cheaper so hopefully i've made a good choice :angelblush:
Original post by beccc
Does anyone know how long it takes to receive an accommodation offer?Or if anyone has received an offer how long it took after the application was submitted?

Thanks! :smile:

They tend to allocate places at the beginning of August :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest