The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
My sister is married to an older man and wants to 'be living the young life' despite the fact she has a two year old son.

She is now seeing someone else and has told me but I don't know what to do! I still live with our parents and, with them talking about her bad parenting a lot, it's difficult for me not to say anything!

I completely disagree with what she is doing but I think it should be up to her to tell our parents.

Any advice?

What about telling the husband 1st? He deserves to know he's married to a slut...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by spocckka
What about telling the husband 1st? He deserves to know he's married to a slut...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't want to be the first to tell anyone. I know he needs to know but I think she needs to tell him, not me...
Reply 3
Just leave well alone.
Reply 4
It's fine, just sex, as long as she is a good mother and the husband is happy
Reply 5
My sister is married to an older man and wants to 'be living the young life' despite the fact she has a two year old son.

She is now seeing someone else and has told me but I don't know what to do! I still live with our parents and, with them talking about her bad parenting a lot, it's difficult for me not to say anything!

I completely disagree with what she is doing but I think it should be up to her to tell our parents.

Any advice?

Thats peak! I would wait for her to say something, its her decision not yours!
The only way this can be rectified is if you have sex with her husband, expose him to be scum, and then your sister can say she had revenge sex.

Look after your blood brah:yy:
No stay out of it it is better for the child that they stay together she probably just wants sex with a younger guy don't interfere. Can I ask how old all parties are?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 8
The husband deserves to know.
Reply 9
Original post by Guy Secretan
No stay out of it it is better for the child that they stay together she probably just wants sex with a younger guy don't interfere. Can I ask how old all parties are?

My sister is 29, her husband is 42, their son is 2 and I'm 16.
Reply 10
Don't say a word.

1. You tell. Your sister will never trust you again, perhaps other family members too. Her marriage may break down which may affect her kids in the long run. Her life might be ruined and you may lose a sister. No one wins.

2. Don't tell. Her husband may find out for himself. The sister may end it herself. You don't ruin anyone's life including your own.

Your sister has created this problem so let her fix it.

Either way, family comes first regardless of the situation. Blood is thicker than water!
Reply 11
Original post by Zenzic
Don't say a word.

1. You tell. Your sister will never trust you again, perhaps other family members too. Her marriage may break down which may affect her kids in the long run. Her life might be ruined and you may lose a sister. No one wins.

2. Don't tell. Her husband may find out for himself. The sister may end it herself. You don't ruin anyone's life including your own.

Your sister has created this problem so let her fix it.

Either way, family comes first regardless of the situation. Blood is thicker than water!

But I treat her husband like family and I don't want him to be hurt
Reply 12
But I treat her husband like family and I don't want him to be hurt

If they separated on their own accord would he always be family? (Ignoring his connection to the children)
I doubt it.

You yourself have a lot to lose by going public with this information. Maybe talk to your sister about the situation but this is not for you to tell. This might just be a fling which will end soon enough or she'll leave her husband.
Might be hard but stay quiet.
The phrase blood is thicker than water is actually a shortened down version of

the blood of the covenant is thicker than the water of the womb

Which means the bonds you choose to make are stronger than those which you are obliged to have because you've chosen to make them on your own accord.

Anyway! I think you should tell your sister what she is doing is wrong and that it has the potential to hurt the people around her. I know this isn't your problem but why should those around her be hurt and treated unfairly? Just tell her what her actions could cause and see what she decides.
Reply 14
Original post by physicsbook
The phrase blood is thicker than water is actually a shortened down version of

the blood of the covenant is thicker than the water of the womb

Which means the bonds you choose to make are stronger than those which you are obliged to have because you've chosen to make them on your own accord.

Anyway! I think you should tell your sister what she is doing is wrong and that it has the potential to hurt the people around her. I know this isn't your problem but why should those around her be hurt and treated unfairly? Just tell her what her actions could cause and see what she decides.

She won't listen to me
Reply 15
Wouldn't you want to know if your husband was cheating on you?
She won't listen to me

Maybe tell her that you'll tell her husband if she doesn't?

If I were you, I'd say that if she doesn't tell her husband then I would because people don't deserve to be treated the way she is treating them and because if she cared then it wouldn't be happening.

I'd advise explaining your reasons, if you do decide to tell him so that she knows why. Its a tricky situation and in all honesty it wasn't the nicest of things for her to bring you into her mess.
Reply 17
Don't make a dog's breakfast out of someone else's life due to your own insecurities and vanity.

She's not doing anything criminal; and all you are doing is trying to butt in to their business because you think it will make you feel better.
Reply 18
Original post by Clip
Don't make a dog's breakfast out of someone else's life due to your own insecurities and vanity.

She's not doing anything criminal; and all you are doing is trying to butt in to their business because you think it will make you feel better.

Exactly.
Reply 19
Original post by Clip

She brought me into her business by telling me. I made this thread for advice on a situation I've never been in before not for people like you to come and try and put me in my place which clearly doesn't need to be done. You have no reason to comment on this so go away.

Latest

Trending

Trending