The Student Room Group

He had another girl stay the night.....opinions please!

So I was playing on boyfriends phone this morning and a text came through from one of his female friends saying 'thanks for letting me stay at your, you're a life saver'....this has annoyed me and is starting to make me paranoid because he hasn't mentioned anything about her staying over, and I have no idea if she slept in a different room or in his bed with him =s

I'm meant to be sleeping at his tonight but I don't feel like it until I've said something to him about it and found out. Am I out of order for wanting to find out or would you just leave it? =/
Reply 1
You have a right to know, if it was nothing important he will be completely honest about it!
He might have not mentioned it to stop you from worrying too much so I wouldn't assume it's something bad.
From the sounds of the text nothing happened (I hope), he was probably doing her a favour! :smile:
If my boyfriend had a female staying over and was hiding it from me, then yes, I'd be mad. If he told me a female friend was crashing at his I wouldn't care (unless they were in the same bed, that is a no-no), but the fact he is hiding is a bit dodgy.

However, from the wording of the text I wouldn't be worried about cheating, I'd just be mad he hadn't told me about it.
Reply 3
Maybe he just didn't think to tell you he had a mate stay over? Don't read too much into it.
Nah you have full right to find out but don't like put him on the spot and start full on questioning him. Just like bring it up slowly.
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous
So I was playing on boyfriends phone this morning and a text came through from one of his female friends saying 'thanks for letting me stay at your, you're a life saver'....this has annoyed me and is starting to make me paranoid because he hasn't mentioned anything about her staying over, and I have no idea if she slept in a different room or in his bed with him =s

I'm meant to be sleeping at his tonight but I don't feel like it until I've said something to him about it and found out. Am I out of order for wanting to find out or would you just leave it? =/

Ask him if he got laid last night because some chick on his phone has sent a message about sleeping over at his place, that he hasn't mentioned to you yet, because it skipped his mind or sth! Funny but this can work both ways, you know and actually be a lot more fun! :lolwut:
You have a right to question it, I mean it is a tad odd he didn't mention it, but that said would you expect him to inform you if a guy mate was crashing on his sofa/spare room? Because if she's a mate, and he has every right to keep female friends, then he may not have thought it was really necessary to bring it up.
Reply 7

To me this just sounds a little but like this:

overly_attached_computer.jpg

But seriously just ask him
Reply 8
Just outright ask him about it, careful not to do it in an "accusing" tone though.
It's probably nothing, just him being friendly to a girl in need, but you have the right to ask him about it. He'd do the same if it were the other way round so he'll understand.
Reply 9
You'd be fair to ask him, but be cautious about it because you were snooping on his phone. From the sounds of the text I'd say nothing happened, but hey ho!
The text definitely sounds like just a favour and nothing happened but I get why you'd be annoyed - agree with the other posters, ask him!
Original post by joker12345
The text definitely sounds like just a favour and nothing happened but I get why you'd be annoyed - agree with the other posters, ask him!

Sex can be a favour too, one can never be too sure.

It can only be clarified if OP asks her boyfriend.
It sounds like out of her necessity/convenience rather than something he particularly wanted or planned. If he didn't mention anything, it was probably because he saw it as just doing a favour for a friend, and hasn't seen it from your perspective at all.
Original post by Hellcat12
Sex can be a favour too, one can never be too sure.

It can only be clarified if OP asks her boyfriend.

"Cheers for the D last night mate - your a lifesaver!"

Sounds legit.
Original post by TurboCretin
"Cheers for the D last night mate - your a lifesaver!"

Sounds legit.

Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

So one of his friends had a crisis and unexpectedly needed a place to kip and you are getting paranoid about it because they were female? Why do you feel so insecure? Doesn't sound like it was planned.

Yes you can ask about it but I'd just have said a text came through for you, handed him the phone and waited to see what he said.
Reply 16
At least the text didn't say thanks for a night of wild passion. Maybe he didn't tell you because there was nothing to tell really..
Ask him but make it clear that you didn't go scrolling through his texts, you just happened to see it. Also, don't be demanding or in-your-face about the issue as she really could have just slept in the house instead of with him.
I suspect she wouldn't have said lifesaver if it had been a tryst, sounds more like she couldn't get home so he said come to mine

Quick Reply

Latest