The Student Room Group

How do you make a girl laugh?

There are some guys i know that innately know how to make a girl laugh. How do you actually do it?

Scroll to see replies

Be funny. Or attractive. A lot of girls will laugh at an attractive guy's joke even if it's awful. :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm not exactly the best looking bloke but one thing I have going for me is my humour , got me into multiple relationships

Wit is your friend .
Social intelligence helps make apt jokes.
Puns , innuendos etc
Be cheeky , have banter

Being funny is kind of difficult to teach
Reply 3
Nitrous Oxide
Reply 4
If you are naturally funny then it is not a problem. Just make jokes around events or anything recent.
Not really sure how to answer this, can't tell you how to be funny.

Or if you are attractive, then girls will laught at your worst jokes for no reason. You can tell when they are doing that ^.^
Reply 5
Tickle her.
Reply 6
Original post by rs232
Nitrous Oxide

This

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rs232
Nitrous Oxide

Listen to this guy - he's a bloody genius XD
Laughing gas.

Obviously you give it to them before the chloroform.
Reply 9
show her your one inch wonder :eek:
Reply 10
Sadly this is not something that is easy to either learn or teach. Some guys just have it big time and, there is no doubt, if you can cause a girl to laugh her tits off, so to speak, it does further your case. My suggestions would be to be light hearted and flippant + watching devotees of the art can help you with some ideas. Why do you ask?
Reply 11
Original post by Changing Skies
Be funny. Or attractive. A lot of girls will laugh at an attractive guy's joke even if it's awful. :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, being funny is a useful asset when you're wanting to make someone laugh. Though I don't have the advantage of being attractive - I have to rely on my wits alone. That said, if I put thought into something, it's generally terrible. It's my thoughtless throwaway remarks that seem to make people laugh.
Reply 12
The answer to this boils down to 'just be funny'. It is a really hard thing to teach though. Making someone laugh is usually quite easy, irrespective of what you say. From the outside, I can appear incredibly mean to some of my female friends but it is entirely in jest. My humour ranges from the downright terrible to the outright awful. So long as you know what they find funny, just run with it.
Being cutely stupid.
Wit.
Ability to make fun of yourself.

I laugh if I'm tickled :tongue:
Reply 14
Be yourself.

Don't try too hard... don't try at all!
Reply 15
Having a sense of humour helps. Sorry I'm taking no prisoners tonight
Reply 16
Original post by Tootles
Yeah, being funny is a useful asset when you're wanting to make someone laugh. Though I don't have the advantage of being attractive - I have to rely on my wits alone. That said, if I put thought into something, it's generally terrible. It's my thoughtless throwaway remarks that seem to make people laugh.

Mate, those thoughtless remarks may well be good enough in attracting a girl. Don't think about it too much.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Original post by Stickman
Mate, those thoughtless remarks may well be good enough in attracting a girl. Don't think about it too much.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well, they have in the past - I'm not spectacularly worried about it.
Reply 18
Original post by Teaddict
The answer to this boils down to 'just be funny'. It is a really hard thing to teach though. Making someone laugh is usually quite easy, irrespective of what you say. From the outside, I can appear incredibly mean to some of my female friends but it is entirely in jest. My humour ranges from the downright terrible to the outright awful. So long as you know what they find funny, just run with it.

This, really. I may seem like an absolute **** to others because of how I talk to my friends but it's all in jest and we all know this. It's about knowing what they find funny though. Some girls are sensitive and can get offended quite easily, so I dunno man. I would make some jokey comments about neutral things, test the water.
Original post by Changing Skies

Posted from TSR Mobile

And so the million pound question.
How do us guys make ourselves appear attractive, in order to make our jokes seem funny? :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending