The Student Room Group

I got racially abused on chatroulette by a girl

So today I was in chatroulette chilling out passing time casually blowing kisses to the people I came across trying to share a bit of humour on Easter Sunday. It All went swimmingly Well until about 5 minutes in I encountered a blonde Finnish woman who wrote 19 as her age on her Bio. So I just blew her a couple of kisses and she looked happy beforehand but she suddenly started grimacing and frowning before flicking her middle finger at me then I was startled and was shocked then she typed these exact words (censored) "I hate n-word" in reference to my black African ethnicity and appearance. Then she directed a nazi salute at me before she skipped me. I then sat motionless for what must have been an hour at least before I moved a muscle. She has destroyed my joyous Easter mood and I just wanted to rant here. I literally did nothing to provoke or deserve that. :mad::mad:
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by FedUpCitizen
So today I was in chatroulette chilling out passing time casually blowing kisses to the people I came across trying to share a bit of humour on Easter Sunday. It All went swimmingly Well until about 5 minutes in I encountered a blonde Finnish woman who wrote 19 as her age on her Bio. So I just blew her a couple of kisses and she looked happy beforehand but she suddenly started grimacing and frowning before flicking her middle finger at me then I was startled and was shocked then she typed these exact words (censored) "I hate n-word" in reference to my black African ethnicity and appearance. Then she directed a nazi salute at me before she skipped me. I then sat motionless for what must have been an hour at least before I moved a muscle. She has destroyed my joyous Easter mood and I just wanted to rant here. I literally did nothing to provoke or deserve that. :mad::mad:

She's an absolute ****. Enjoy your Easter and forget about people who enjoy bringing other people down :smile:
It was all believable until you claimed you sat motionless for an hour. As if to say chatroulette users would be surprised at what they saw on it.

I guess you're just bored.
Reply 3

Being black myself...i seriously think you need to get over it. Take it on the chin and move on. Don't sit there for days dwelling on it. Some people do not like black people, as with anything and everyone in life, people are different. Not everyone is as tolerant or as welcoming as we would like but you can't let something like that effect you. Laugh it off buddy.
Original post by laylarose
She's an absolute ****. Enjoy your Easter and forget about people who enjoy bringing other people down :smile:

Thank you that is really nice of you I appreciate that a lot.
Ahhh yes chatroulette, always good to spend easter flicking through webcams showing guys jerking off and pre-pubesent teenagers asking for tits.
Original post by Dr Alcoholic
It was all believable until you claimed you sat motionless for an hour. As if to say chatroulette users would be surprised at what they saw on it.

I guess you're just bored.

I was just reflecting on what happened and just sort of meditating in a numb way. I guess I need to get thicker skin but it was really unexpected.
Someone stuck their middle finger up at me too on Chatroulette today.

Spoiler

I was just reflecting on what happened and just sort of meditating in a numb way. I guess I need to get thicker skin but it was really unexpected.

Yeah, as if. Unless you've been living under a rock for most of your life you know what comes with the internet.
Reply 9
Omg what an absolute *****,:angry: take no notice of her, some people are still stuck in the stone age... The fact she did an Nazi salute shows how stupid and ignorant she is... Sorry you had to experience that, and I hope the rest of your Easter Sunday is good!:biggrin:
Original post by Autistic Merit

Spoiler

How small is it that you could mistake it for a finger?
How small is it that you could mistake it for a finger?

I assumed maybe the camera had zoomed in on it or something. :ahee:
Yeah, as if. Unless you've been living under a rock for most of your life you know what comes with the internet.

But still it was extremely annoying in a way. I think you actually need to experience it before you get a feel of just how irritating it was to be on the receiving end.
life is too short to worry about things like that, you probably never even see her again so there's no point in worrying about it.

I strangely find it quite funny... in a sort of comedy sketch way.
You being really nice blowing kisses, and then... bam.
I wouldn't worry about it mate... there are horrible idiots in this world... be happy that you aren't one of them
Happy Easter. If you're into that kind of thing, I really recommend the South Park Easter episode if you need cheering up :smile:

Just because it 'comes' with the internet, doesn't make it right. For example, bullying, homophobia, racism are all quite common, should we respond like "ah it happens all the time, get used to it"? No. Just because something is common doesn't mean it should be accepted. Accepting it is pretty much condoning it.
Reply 16
Original post by Autistic Merit

Spoiler

Presumably the thumb then. How can you receive a merit without not realising that!
Original post by fortunesfool
Just because it 'comes' with the internet, doesn't make it right. For example, bullying, homophobia, racism are all quite common, should we respond like "ah it happens all the time, get used to it"? No. Just because something is common doesn't mean it should be accepted. Accepting it is pretty much condoning it.

Acceptance is not even what I implied. I was pointing out the faux surprise op was trying to claim. Saying he was shocked at seeing something negative on chatroulette is like saying you were surprised by the level of violence in a boxing match.
Reply 18
What a racist b****.
Original post by Lakesx
Omg what an absolute *****,:angry: take no notice of her, some people are still stuck in the stone age... The fact she did an Nazi salute shows how stupid and ignorant she is... Sorry you had to experience that, and I hope the rest of your Easter Sunday is good!:biggrin:

Yeah thanks for that : D I will enjoy the rest of my weekend.

Quick Reply

Latest