The Student Room Group

dumped

the title says it all really
had been with my bf for about 4 months, everything had been amazing, never argued or even come close to it
i went away to cyprus with my family and whilst i was away i received texts and emails off him saying how much he missed me and was counting the days til i returned
then when i got back he just changed overnight, became really distant and seemed like he couldn't be bothered, we eventually met up and he said that he didn't want to go out with me anymore although he still liked me it wasn't enough
i felt so rejected and shocked i didn't really know what to say or how to react, then on the other hand he said "i might regret this in a few days"
i'm so confused there just doesnt seem to be a real reason for this
what's worse is that i lost my virginity to him and he's turned out to be a complete arse
Perhaps he thought something had happened on holiday? Holiday romance?

Have you tried seriously talking to him about why he broke up with you? - I think you should.

Perhaps it scared him how much he missed you, didn't like feeling too close to you? I really don't know as I don't know the both of you but these are just suggestions.

Sarah xx
Reply 2
he knows nothing happened on holiday because i was staying in this little village and i went away with my family not a girly holiday
That doesn't mean he can't still be thinking it.

Talk to him.

Sarah xx
Reply 4
he told me his feelings started to change before i went on holiday
Reply 5
Did he give you any reasons for not wanting to go out with you any more?
I think you should just talk to him but be careful with him saying "i may regret this in a few days" to just take him back if he decides he does.

:biggrin:
he probably got bored. It happens a lot, move on :frown:

but yeah talk to him first
Reply 7
Triplet1
Did he give you any reasons for not wanting to go out with you any more?
I think you should just talk to him but be careful with him saying "i may regret this in a few days" to just take him back if he decides he does.

:biggrin:

if he does come crawling back there's no way i would take him back
all i have left is my pride
Reply 8
the same thing happened to me, it had been 3 1/2 months which i thought were really good. then he went away for two weeks, came back and didn't seem to want to talk to me, broke up with me by text 2 days later. for no real reasons. well he was mostly confused about whether he wanted to be with me or not, couldn't decide so that was the reason.

it can be such a shock when you don't expect it and don't understand. i think when you have a break away from eachother, even if it's not long, it can cause problems. one of you starts to think about whether it's working or that you find when they're away you don't really miss them that much. or sometimes things just change for no apparent reason. i think especially when it's early in the relationship it can be confusing.
as he said he might regret it, maybe there might be a chance you could get back together, but often there's a reason why you shouldn't.
as for the virginity thing, i think it happens a lot, it was like that for me, and it does hurt when you realise that person wasn't who you thought they were. it's so painful at first but it will get easier for you :smile:
I guess he cold got feet and felt he couldn't committ or was simply not ready for this. Or maybe he had his cake and left.
Reply 10
Towards the end of our break-up, I started getting bored of my last girlfriend. As soon as I got back from University, we both refrained from contacting one another - it must have been some sort of instinct. But then we did see each other every night for more or less 4 to 5 hours at a time.
Reply 11
Anonymous
if he does come crawling back there's no way i would take him back
all i have left is my pride

Good... i once split up with a guy and then tried to get him too go back out with me it was the most stupidist thing i've ever done an i really regret it because i then realised i didnt want him vack! :redface:
Reply 12
I'm not sure how old you are but I'm guessing that you're youngish (16/17). If this is the case, then this kind of thing is par for the course unfortunately. I'm not saying older people don't get dumped (obviously) but 16 year old guys are notoriously unwilling to commit to any kind of long term relationship. It's just not what most guys of that age are really looking for.
I find it goes like this:

16/17/18 - girls are looking for a realtionship; guys want to mess around with their mates and pull occasionally

19-25 - guys see a few of their mates with girlfriends and want one; girls are more in charge and actually care less about being in a relationship. Girls go on lots of girly holidays and have flings.

26+ - guys are out of their 1st long term relationship and looking to sow their wild oats; girls seeing some of their mates getting married and whatnot and feel like maybe they should settle down.

Obviously I am generalising, but this is what I have observed.
I'm not sure how old you are but I'm guessing that you're youngish (16/17). If this is the case, then this kind of thing is par for the course unfortunately. I'm not saying older people don't get dumped (obviously) but 16 year old guys are notoriously unwilling to commit to any kind of long term relationship. It's just not what most guys of that age are really looking for.
I find it goes like this:

16/17/18 - girls are looking for a realtionship; guys want to mess around with their mates and pull occasionally

19-25 - guys see a few of their mates with girlfriends and want one; girls are more in charge and actually care less about being in a relationship. Girls go on lots of girly holidays and have flings.

26+ - guys are out of their 1st long term relationship and looking to sow their wild oats; girls seeing some of their mates getting married and whatnot and feel like maybe they should settle down.

Obviously I am generalising, but this is what I have observed.

Yeah that sounds about right
Reply 14
I'm 18 and have been in a relationship since I was 16... my messing about phase was before that! There are several couples in my year at school who were together for most of the sixth form as well (and still are).

In my experience it is the classic time to have a long relationship, then if it doesn't work, uni is where you go on the pull.
Reply 15
im not 16 im 18

Latest

Trending

Trending