The Student Room Group

Durham or Warwick

I have received unconditional offers from both universities.

Student life seems better at Durham, due to the collegiate system. Durham also tries to convince me to go there while Warwick seems indifferent. There is also a kind lecturer, who is interested in me to study with him at Durham.

However Warwick seems better academically, more prestigious, has a better department ranking, and reports have shown that it is a 'top target' for graduate employers, something of great importance to me.

What do you think, and what would you do if you were in my place?
Reply 1
Reply 3
Both universities are equivalent academically. You should choose the one which suits you the best (distance, housing, student life, extra curricular...). It also depends if you want to pursue your studies after your BA and go abroad.
Reply 4
I was in the same position as you ~ a month ago and decided to go for Warwick because it seems to have much better job opportunities + the college I was assigned to had the chance of me sharing a room with someone else and no ensuite rooms (at least not for 1st years). Also thought the professors seemed very helpful at Warwick. I must agree with you regarding the social aspect though, it seems a lot better at Durham.
Reply 5
Thank you m00c0w.

I'm open for more opinions if anyone has.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending