The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You need to go to a good piercer, as they can place it in the right position for you so as not to damage your teeth, speech etc. If it isn't positioned right then it can chip your teeth, particularly if you deliberately hit it against them.

Cheack out BME
Reply 2
Juno
You need to go to a good piercer, as they can place it in the right position for you so as not to damage your teeth, speech etc. If it isn't positioned right then it can chip your teeth, particularly if you deliberately hit it against them.

Cheack out BME

Reply 3
1) I didn't have a lisp but your tongue swells for about a week
2) Not painful at all, it's more uncomfortable afterwards
3) See numero uno
4) I took it out quite a while ago and i regret that ... im getting it done again
5) It depends where abouts you place it
Reply 4
Ive had mine pierced and here are my answers :smile:

1) how long if you did have a lisp for? only a couple of days, you get used to it though lol I had my tongue pierced on a tuesday and on the wednesday morning had to do a presentation in class, all that talking made my toungue really hurt so I'd advise not talking too much :p:
2) How painful exactly was it? only hurt for like a second when they put the needle in
3) How long did it take for the swelling to go down? I was lucky mine didnt swell that much really and a few days
4) Have you ever regretted it? never
5) Is there really much to the whole "They crack your teeth theory"? hasnt happened to me even if I have bitten the bar a couple of times when eating too fast :redface: my teeth are still fine! (and I had it pierced in october!)

oh and some places numb your tongue but the place I went to doesnt! because it heals better that way, numbing it can cause it to bruise, apparently! I nearly chickened out when they said they dont numb it but then I went through with it anyway and the pain really isnt that bad! Just make sure you eat something sugary to get your blood sugar levels up and have an icy drink after, it makes it feel so much better :biggrin:

Oh I have a question about lip piercings for you all! (didnt want to start a new thread!) I wanna get my lip pierced but we have a swimming pool that I wanna be able to go in! anyway Ive been reading up and obviously my lip would get infected if I were to go in the pool so if I just wait till I go to uni in a few weeks? has anyone here had their lip pierced? does it swell up and what can you do to prevent it?,etc :confused: :redface:
Reply 5
aleathiel

Oh I have a question about lip piercings for you all! (didnt want to start a new thread!) I wanna get my lip pierced but we have a swimming pool that I wanna be able to go in! anyway Ive been reading up and obviously my lip would get infected if I were to go in the pool so if I just wait till I go to uni in a few weeks? has anyone here had their lip pierced? does it swell up and what can you do to prevent it?,etc :confused: :redface:

Going in a pool does not necessarily mean infection, just a higher chance of infection. Try and wait about 4 weeks before going in a pool, but if you only wait 2-3 weeks you'll most likely be fine, as long as you clean the piercing well after.

It'll swell a bit, like any piercing. Ibuprofen can decrease swelling. Clean it like you would any piercing, with warm/hot sea salt soaks (1/4tsp sea salt to 8oz distilled/bottled water) twice a day, with an extra one after you've been swimming.
Kate.
Going in a pool does not necessarily mean infection, just a higher chance of infection. Try and wait about 4 weeks before going in a pool, but if you only wait 2-3 weeks you'll most likely be fine, as long as you clean the piercing well after.

It'll swell a bit, like any piercing. Ibuprofen can decrease swelling. Clean it like you would any piercing, with warm/hot sea salt soaks (1/4tsp sea salt to 8oz distilled/bottled water) twice a day, with an extra one after you've been swimming.

Hmmm what would be more painful a tattoo or getting your tongue pierced??
Reply 7
Xx Tomásíona - Mháire xX
Hmmm what would be more painful a tattoo or getting your tongue pierced??

I haven't had either, so I wouldn't know. But it depends on your pain threshold...some people I know say their tongue piercing hurt like hell, others have said they didn't feel it - same for tattoos.
Kate.
I haven't had either, so I wouldn't know. But it depends on your pain threshold...some people I know say their tongue piercing hurt like hell, others have said they didn't feel it - same for tattoos.

ahhh kk :smile: thanks
omg tamsy dont get too many :p:

saiyamanadingdongbanana
omg tamsy dont get too many :p:

:eek:
Reply 11
1) how long if you did have a lisp for? 1 to about 2 weeks. sucking on ice helps for abit but them it sweels up again later on :frown: my mate got hers done at the same time and she never had a lisp. she just couldnt eat. :confused:
2) How painful exactly was it? it wasnt to bad.
3) How long did it take for the swelling to go down? abotu a week i think
4) Have you ever regretted it? nope :smile:
5) Is there really much to the whole "They crack your teeth theory"? erm thats not happened to me. ive had mine for about four years now and in that time ive only bitten it when eating somehow a few times and nothing happened to my teeth.

that picture is weird. i saw a man in asda who had tattoo from head to toe even on his face and bald head :confused:
Reply 12
it was really painless, I didn't have a lisp and it didn't swell that much and it was just for a couple of days (the truth is that I hardly noticed any swelling). I just got it 3 weeks ago so I don't really know if I'm gonna regret it someday but right now I'm so happy i've done it! Dunno about the teeth crackingthingy but I guess it's safer not to play too much with it and to put plastic beeds so that it's not as bad, not sure though
Reply 13
well if you do regret getting it done, you can always take it out.
no harm done
thats what my parents say when comparing piercings to tattoos, piercings you can take out and they heal, tattoos are forever.. I still want a tattoo though :p:
aleathiel
thats what my parents say when comparing piercings to tattoos, piercings you can take out and they heal, tattoos are forever.. I still want a tattoo though :p:
aye tattoos are cool :smile: i could only ever get a small one though, my mate has a huge one on his left arm and it doesn't look that good really :redface:
Anonymous
Heya I want to get my tongue pierced, ever since for like ever and since I got my braces off I can now but i'm just wondering

1) how long if you did have a lisp for?
2) How painful exactly was it?
3) How long did it take for the swelling to go down?
4) Have you ever regretted it?
5) Is there really much to the whole "They crack your teeth theory"?

Thanks everyone for your help :smile: much appriciated :smile:

why anon? hmm

1. about 2-3 days
2. didn't feel a thing- no anesthetic i was just scared to the point where i couldn't fell it
3. mostly a few days but they'll wait a month or so to change the bar over to a smaller one till its the normal size
4. no
5. you get so used to it that after a while it really shouldn't touch your teeth. but you have to be very careful in the first few weeks. dentists always say it does but it hasn't done me any harm
Reply 17
some people say you're not sposed to drink alcohol and things like that to avoid thinning the blood:

does anyone know if it would be dangerous to do ecstasy like 3 days after having your tongue pierced?
Reply 18
TKR
some people say you're not sposed to drink alcohol and things like that to avoid thinning the blood:

does anyone know if it would be dangerous to do ecstasy like 3 days after having your tongue pierced?

yeah you not supposed to drink, kiss anyone or give oral sex to anyone for at least 6 weeks or 2 months....cant remember which.

im not sure is its dangerous but i wouldnt do it. while your on pills you could end up biting your tongue alot or something which wouldnt help the healing process
Reply 19
When people say it colud effect your singing voice, how likely is that?

Latest