The Student Room Group

Do you want to be "hot"?

I'm a girl and I do consider myself attractive. I would not actually say this to people but I don't care if you guys on here judge me for that.

However I am realistic. I know I am pretty in a "girl next door" kind of way. I am more of a Cady Heron than a Regina George... and I like that! I do get pangs of jealousy when my male friends tell me this girls really hot and waves of insecurity when they tell me a girl who I consider very pretty, is not hot. As if that's what matters.

All of these girls that they label hot though... they ARE gorgeous. That's fine. They are, however, not something I personally want to be like. They are usually the kind of girl who spends hours on make up, hours primping and preening. The kind of girl to whom fashion comes easy. And that's great. I am glad they enjoy that and there's absolutely NOTHING wrong with that. But it's just not me. If it is you then that's lovely. I don't have the uber confidant uber cool personality either... I'm a bit weird. A bit ditzy. That's alright too.

My point is you need to be YOU. Don't force yourself to be someone you are not for someone else. The guy I like is really into girls like I describe... and that made me realise, he's just not for me! Doesn't mean there's anything wrong with me, nothing wrong with him... we are just not meant to be!

I think more people need to realise this, it would get rid of a lot of insecurity. People are beautiful in different ways.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Cant you be you but do all of that as well :smile:
As supposed to looking out of place?
Of course:h:
Nah, you're either beautiful, average or ugly.

No point sugar coating it, that's the truth brah.
Reply 4
I've accepted that I'm never going to be 'hot' but I can be attractive in a cute/quirky way :dontknow:
Original post by Anonymous
I'm a girl and I do consider myself attractive. I would not actually say this to people but I don't care if you guys on here judge me for that.

However I am realistic. I know I am pretty in a "girl next door" kind of way. I am more of a Cady Heron than a Regina George... and I like that! I do get pangs of jealousy when my male friends tell me this girls really hot and waves of insecurity when they tell me a girl who I consider very pretty, is not hot. As if that's what matters.

All of these girls that they label hot though... they ARE gorgeous. That's fine. They are, however, not something I personally want to be like. They are usually the kind of girl who spends hours on make up, hours primping and preening. The kind of girl to whom fashion comes easy. And that's great. I am glad they enjoy that and there's absolutely NOTHING wrong with that. But it's just not me. If it is you then that's lovely. I don't have the uber confidant uber cool personality either... I'm a bit weird. A bit ditzy. That's alright too.

My point is you need to be YOU. Don't force yourself to be someone you are not for someone else. The guy I like is really into girls like I describe... and that made me realise, he's just not for me! Doesn't mean there's anything wrong with me, nothing wrong with him... we are just not meant to be!

I think more people need to realise this, it would get rid of a lot of insecurity. People are beautiful in different ways.

How old are you?:tongue:

Ofcourse, being yourself is very important:yy:
Reply 6
I'm too busy making myself hotter to wonder how hot I am compared to others. :redface:
Reply 7
I wish this could happen but reality is very different. Like it or not, most people care more about looks so yeah.....

Anyway, to answer the topic which is "Do you want to be 'hot'?". i would say no because I'm more of a lay-low, keep your head down and try and ignore people around you person. And if, hypothetically, I was "hot" then that wouldn't happen right and being "hot" has way too much drama for my taste. i had an old friend who was considered "hot" and the drama they faced were woah.... just woah
Reply 8
Original post by EmmaBxoxo
Cant you be you but do all of that as well :smile:

Do all what?
Reply 9
Original post by King Leonidas
Nah, you're either beautiful, average or ugly.

No point sugar coating it, that's the truth brah.

I think this is a very shallow way of looking at things.

There are different layers to people and different people find different things attractive.
Reply 10
Cady Heron is a ginger munter, Regina George is like a 5 out of 10, hardly what I would call hot, just average. I think you need to drastically redefine your criteria for what's considered attractive, because your current standards are really quite low.
Not really, but i guess everyone has different opinions on what 'hot' is :tongue:

When i was younger i went through a phase where like other girls in school i wanted to dress a certain way and wear lots of makeup etc and thought i would like getting attention. But it was quite uncomfortable and creepy really. Now i'm older i would rather someone come up to me telling me i look pretty or they like my dress or hair rather than make sexual or suggestive comments :redface:
Reply 12
Original post by Jebedee
I'm too busy making myself hotter to wonder how hot I am compared to others. :redface:

Me and you both brudda. Besides you're only young once so why not take advantage?

Just curious, what makes a girl 'hot' as opposed to 'girl next door'?
Do all what?

Put make-up on etc.
I couldn't give a crap, as long as I'm reasonably presentable lol
Reply 15
Original post by Stinkum
Cady Heron is a ginger munter, Regina George is like a 5 out of 10, hardly what I would call hot, just average. I think you need to drastically redefine your criteria for what's considered attractive, because your current standards are really quite low.

Coooooool. Maybe if you engaged your brain and considered the fact that I didn't say "Lindsay Lohan and Amy McAdams" and instead used the characters' names you'd realise I was not talking about what the actresses physically look like but what the characters are supposed to represent.
Reply 16
Original post by EmmaBxoxo
Put make-up on etc.

You can... that is not at all what I was saying in my OP :smile:
Reply 17
You can be the juciest and ripest peach in the whole world... and there will always be that one person who hates peaches.

What I find to be "hot" and attractive is, apparently, what everybody else considers to be a 4/10 or below. So if I was objectively hot, I feel like I wouldn't even like my own style...

That being said, I'd still prefer it to what I have now. It'd solve the problem with guys I like not actually finding me attractive, I won't feel like people are embarrased to be seen with me in public, etc.
I think this is a very shallow way of looking at things.

There are different layers to people and different people find different things attractive.

I'm only messing, I agree with you.
You can... that is not at all what I was saying in my OP :smile:

My mistake :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending