The Student Room Group

Chances in adjustment?

Hey guys, i have been paranoid about this situation im in for a few months now and this is it,

I applied to do chemical engineering at 3 universities Loughbrough, Surrey and Aston, knowing my predicted grades which were BBB i was skeptical of Loughbrough and Surrey as they require AAA however Aston accepted me, so i put them as my firm.

However I can see myself hopefully getting an A instead of a B in maths and if i manage to achieve ABB in Maths,Chemistry and Physics I would like really aspire for a better university for my course, so I was wondering if anyone could give their thoughts on perhaps experiences with adjustment,.

thanks for reading this:biggrin:
Original post by skitz241
Hey guys, i have been paranoid about this situation im in for a few months now and this is it,

I applied to do chemical engineering at 3 universities Loughbrough, Surrey and Aston, knowing my predicted grades which were BBB i was skeptical of Loughbrough and Surrey as they require AAA however Aston accepted me, so i put them as my firm.

However I can see myself hopefully getting an A instead of a B in maths and if i manage to achieve ABB in Maths,Chemistry and Physics I would like really aspire for a better university for my course, so I was wondering if anyone could give their thoughts on perhaps experiences with adjustment,.

thanks for reading this:biggrin:
If you get ABB and your firm asks for BBB, then you are eligible for adjustment. However, although the numbers are growing, the number of applicants who actually gain a place through adjustment is tiny, so don't count on anything. Aston is a perfectly sound, if unglamorous, university.
There is no point in Firming a Uni you don't actually want to go to in the hope that you can go into Adjustment if you get better grades. If you don't exceed the required grades then you will be going to that Uni (ie. Aston). 'Playing games' like this just wastes everybody's time and is a guaranteed way of ensuring yourself a stressful exam season and a nail-biting August. Remember, there is also no guarantee that the Uni/course you want will actually be available through Adjustment.

If you aren't sure what Uni you now want to go to, the best course of action is to drop your UCAS application entirely for this year, get your results and then apply with known grades for a Uni you actually do want to go to for 2015 entry. Nowhere does it say you can only go to Uni straight from school.

Guide to Firm/Insurance choices - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/firm_and_insurance_choices
Guide to Results Day - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/guide_to_a_level_results_day

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending