The Student Room Group

All my friends cheat on their girlfriends

So basically i've been noticing a really bad pattern where many of my male friends cheat on their girlfriends, the drummer in my band came down for a rehearsal and when we went on a night out he spent the whole time trying to get laid, despite LIVING with his girlfriend in a rented house. I know other friends who cheat all the time too. They just don't seem to care, they see it as their duty to proliferate themselves

I just don't get why they do this; I'm not whiteknighting here it is just genuinely wrong, but you girls seem to enjoy dating these kinds of characters. What is up with that? like are you stupid?

I can't help but think for instance my drummer's girlfriend when she realizes she wasted years of her life with this dude who cheats on her every weekend, what's gonna happen to her?

Women who cheat are just as disgraceful and it happens probably just as often.

Why do people do this? I'd never do that; if i'm not into the girl or meet someone else I'll leave her, what's the point in keeping her around just to cheat; it's not right.

Seriously this generation is just ****ed, absolutely no morals whatsoever, the empowered whore archetype for females, and the respected male slut archetype that is encouraged is just bull****.

What happened to love? does this world even have a concept of this anymore? what happened? flouride in the water and chemtrails really dun ****ed y'all up, you aint got no 3rd eye, no cosmic connection to divine order. Lots of you are just walking shells, biological automaton animistic and spiritually decadent soulless bastards lol

Okay you don't have to believe in the spiritual ****, but still, what happened to basic morals? we're just become a bunch of self-indulgent animal,s it's disgusting. **** this generation man
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Agreed until the crap about chemtrails.

Sluts gonna be sluts and douchebags gonna be douchebags.
Reply 2
OP how long have you been single?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
It's not a generational thing. I know guys in their 30s and 40s who are the same, though perhaps not as often since they aren't going out quite as much. I assume it has gone on for many generations before. Most of the time they choose to believe their other half will never find out, regardless of how logical that is, because they want to do it and they are selfish. They want the best of both worlds, the relationship and the random sex.
Original post by voodoochild
So basically i've been noticing a really bad pattern where many of my male friends cheat on their girlfriends, the drummer in my band came down for a rehearsal and when we went on a night out he spent the whole time trying to get laid, despite LIVING with his girlfriend in a rented house. I know other friends who cheat all the time too. They just don't seem to care, they see it as their duty to proliferate themselves

I just don't get why they do this; I'm not whiteknighting here it is just genuinely wrong, but you girls seem to enjoy dating these kinds of characters. What is up with that? like are you stupid?

I can't help but think for instance my drummer's girlfriend when she realizes she wasted years of her life with this dude who cheats on her every weekend, what's gonna happen to her?

Why do people do this? I'd never do that; if i'm not into the girl or meet someone else I'll leave her, what's the point in keeping her around just to cheat; it's not right.

Seriously this generation is just ****ed, absolutely no morals whatsoever, the empowered whore archetype for females, and the respected male slut archetype that is encouraged is just bull****.

What happened to love? does this world even have a concept of this anymore? what happened? flouride in the water and chemtrails really dun ****ed y'all up, you aint got no 3rd eye, no cosmic connection to divine order. Lots of you are just walking shells, biological automaton animistic and spiritually decadent soulless bastards lol

Okay you don't have to believe in the spiritual ****, but still, what happened to basic morals? we're just become a bunch of self-indulgent animal,s it's disgusting. **** this generation man

I'm a girl and I certainly wouldn't do this... What is up with your friends?! I think someone should tell their poor girlfriends!

I agree. So many people cheat nowadays. But you know what's bad too? When you meet a guy while you're out and he totally hits on you and you're stupid/naive/honest enough to ask him if he has a girlfriend (as if he would ever tell the truth) because you wouldn't say not to a ONS and then after that night it turns out he does, and you get called a slut.

Love still exists man, don't be so cynical. I'm saying this as a guy who was cheated on about 9 months back :redface:. See, in teenagers/early 20's most people who cheat just can't control their libidos and can't control themselves if the chance to shag another attractive person comes along. Then 99% of them claim they were drunk/don't remember it. :lol: incase it was a one time thing. With grown ups, its to do with a sexless marriage or drifting apart. I just wish people would have the decency to break up before cheating, but apparently that's asking too much of the world:redface:.

I think it takes some serious effort to stay faithful to someone long term; I don't believe humans are hardwired to be faithful to the same person, even if they're married. It takes a big effort. I had the chance to cheat on my ex a few times, one of which was a girl I was really attracted to, but I just couldn't think of doing that to her.

People are selfish and a lot of times they think with their genitalia and all considerations for their partners goes out the window. Society's opened up a lot in the last few decades, its now more "acceptable" to sleep around and cheating isn't as big a stigma as it used to be. Plus, you're right, morally, each generation seems worse than the last in this regard. Progressive society :lol:.

I'm kind of happy my ex cheated on me though :tongue:. I'm far happier and found someone far better suited to me than her.
(edited 9 years ago)
This is the kind of **** that makes me never want a relationship because I'm convinced that all boys will inevitably cheat with the opportunity.
Original post by Daniellejo.
This is the kind of **** that makes me never want a relationship because I'm convinced that all boys will inevitably cheat with the opportunity.

Outstanding generalization. Lots of guys stay faithful too, even if they've been given a fair few opportunities. I was, I never cheated. My ex did though. 1 of the girls who came onto me was hotter than my ex too, and I found her stunning. Alas, I just can't see myself doing that to someone.

Its not about all boys or all girls, its about self control and caring enough about the other person to either not cheat, or if you can't control yourself, having the decency to break up first and then shag the new person they're infatuated with, which a lot of people our age don't seem to have sadly.
If every single one of your friends cheat, it sounds like your friends are ****ty people. Birds of a feather flock together.

If you don't agree with them and their morals, maybe you should find friends that match you better. And if you're so moral, why don't you also tell the girls that are being cheated on their their boyfriends are doing such?
Original post by elpistolero7
Outstanding generalization. Lots of guys stay faithful too, even if they've been given a fair few opportunities. I was, I never cheated. My ex did though. 1 of the girls who came onto me was hotter than my ex too, and I found her stunning. Alas, I just can't see myself doing that to someone.

Its not about all boys or all girls, its about self control and caring enough about the other person to either not cheat, or if you can't control yourself, having the decency to break up first and then shag the new person they're infatuated with, which a lot of people our age don't seem to have sadly.

Yeah, I know it's stupid and not true. I'm just saying that it's things like this that make me so paranoid about it aha. I think spending a lot of my teenage years with a very male-heavy group of friends and hearing them talk about girls has scarred me for life tbh.

Oddly enough I'm not at all actively paranoid or controlling in relationships. In fact I've been told I'm too far down the other side of the scale. It's more that I've just accepted in my head that they'll probably cheat eventually regardless of what I do. I'm not sure if this attitude is more or less worrying. :s-smilie:
Yeah, I know it's stupid and not true. I'm just saying that it's things like this that make me so paranoid about it aha. I think spending a lot of my teenage years with a very male-heavy group of friends and hearing them talk about girls has scarred me for life tbh.

Oddly enough I'm not at all actively paranoid or controlling in relationships. In fact I've been told I'm too far down the other side of the scale. It's more that I've just accepted in my head that they'll probably cheat eventually regardless of what I do. I'm not sure if this attitude is more or less worrying. :s-smilie:

I can see why you'd be paranoid about it. Hey, a few months back I thought every girl would cheat eventually. I mean my ex threw away a great relationship for a few meaningless shags? Ruined my faith in well, everything for a while.

A lot of the time isn't something you do. Its the cheaters own issues, own lack of self control and disregard for the other's feelings, or simply (most often the case) inability to control their sexual desires, even if sex life with their partner is good enough. I spent weeks, infact a few months thinking what I'd done to make my ex take that step. Then I realized I'd been nothing but a good bf to her, we rarely argued and it was an amazing 3 years for the most part. Not my fault she couldn't last a month at uni without shagging someone...

There's enough good people out there who don't do this kind of thing, so its not too bad. You just have to find the right one :tongue:

As will all girls.

Bit of a generalisation. Not all girls like guys that treat them like **** And (I'm assuming) your friends' girlfriends don't know that their boyfriends are being scumbags.

Reading stuff like this just makes me sad. I guess it's important to remember that not everyone is like this, there is still "love", you're obviously just friends with people who don't care much about their partners and people getting hurt :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
They're just messing them up for the next guy! Who might be a good guy but has to spend all his time easing her insecurity because some ******** did a number on her. It's very simple - be single if you want to act single.
Either replace them or ignore it but don't become like them :dontknow:
Your friends are dicks.
This must be disheartening for girls to read.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm a girl and I certainly wouldn't do this... What is up with your friends?! I think someone should tell their poor girlfriends!

I'm sure that violates one of the bro codes.
Was interesting to read until you got emotional and started talking about fluoride and chemtrails. Then it was just funny.

Quick Reply