The Student Room Group

Help me pick a new team, all those with football knowledge help me out

Poll

What team should I support for the 2014/2015 season

Okay here it is, I am in born and bred in London but looking for a team here is the list

Manchester United: My first team, only liked them cause my friends did

Arsenal: Also like Arsenal because of Wenger

Liverpool: Loving there recent success, fan of Rodgers, not to sure on Liverpool as a place though

France: Not to sure on Frances politics thoug

Lyon: I've always liked Lyon because of Gomis but also sort of recent history

Marseille: Mixed fans from different backgrounds likeable, also good history

PSG: Not to sure on there right wing fans, though I heard there are loads of left-wing fans to.

Germany:

Bayern Munich: Liked them since 2011 because of the UCL.

BVB: Have to applaud them great support, good team rebuilding it self, not happy with Nazi fans though

Italy:I like Calcio but I'm not to keen on some clubs politics

Juventus: Good history, have some great players like Buffon, Pirlo

Inter: I like them to, good shirts, not to sure on there right wing support and alliegence with Lazio

AC Milan: Good history behind them

AS Roma: Could make history, Totti, but support is a no blower, dont like some of there right wing fans.

Fiorentina: Okay team I guess
Spain:

Barcelona: Love them, if anything they are a second team you know, but not yet first team support

Real Madrid: Meh.

Atletico Madrid: Good season but I know of there supporters

Okay now before you think I'm trolling, I'm being genuine, I'd like a new team to support for life, one that doesn't have bad fans etc, if you can find me one I'd be grateful, I'd like it to be kind of big, have a supporters club in UK, London and is not really racist, I don't want to go to another country and get hastled because of my religion or skin colour

Thank you

BTW I'd also add Ajax and Fiorentina to the poll to.

I know I'll get stick but I can't seem to have a team come to me rather have me go to it now, tired of waiting
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
QPR
Also go away please, your thread is a waste of internet.
Reply 2
Original post by scotttb
QPR
Also go away please, your thread is a waste of internet.

Why do you think, all I am doing is finding a new team to support?
Reply 3
You live in London, so there are numerous teams (13 I think, 14 if you include Watford) in the Premier League and Football League alone. There are also loads in the non-league pyramid.

Find out which one is closest to you and start supporting them; it's easier, no one can call you on being am out-of-town supporter, and you will most likely feel an affinity with that club.

Or support the team that your family supports, as you were probably brought up to support them, as I'm guessing most other people were.
Reply 4
If I were you I'd stick with Manchester United tbh, I think they are going through a very interesting period. Being a ManU fan may be a bit painful at the moment but it also has lots of potential.
Reply 5
Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham Hotspur, Fulham, West Ham or Crystal Palace—seeing as you're from London.
just be a neutral? Since my beloved blackburn were relegated i haven't had a team in the PL but still very much enjoy it as a neutral.

Also lol at the fact that you're a man utd fan but are considering supporting liverpool.
Support Arsenal, they're the nearest team on the list to your background and you'll fit in perfectly with their type of supporters.
Original post by IanDangerously
Support Arsenal, they're the nearest team on the list to your background and you'll fit in perfectly with their type of supporters.

Would fit more perfectly with Manchester United supporters tbh but suppose he has given up on them for now.
Original post by IanDangerously

fbz_603dbada8dd3bc6d1f85d5c3fd54839c.jpg
Reply 10
I would suggest Brentford.

Brentford are a team on the up. They play nice football, will have a new stadium soon and the board seems to have a clear idea of where it wants to take the club. I think Brentford is a team with bags of potential and I would not be surprised to see them in the Premier League before long.
Reply 11
thanks for the replies guys but still no clear winner
Reply 12
Wait, what?

How old are you? How old were you when you started supporting Man Utd? Even if you started supporting the club because your friends were also supporters, you still stick by them. You should still support the club YOU CHOSE to support, even for the circumstances you've mentioned...because at the end of the day, there are many football fans out there that started supporting a club because their family supports them. It's the same thing.

Either be a neutral, or support Man Utd. Because the truth is, if you support a team like Arsenal, and an Arsenal fan finds out that you were supporting Utd at first, they won't accept you as a true Arsenal fan. That's the way it goes, you stick with your team throughout your life until you're on your death bed.
Reply 13
You support the team you like and have always liked. If there is none, you support no one. I like basketball, but there's no one I support in the NBA, I don't have an affinity to anyone.
Reply 14
Original post by AnharM
Wait, what?

How old are you? How old were you when you started supporting Man Utd? Even if you started supporting the club because your friends were also supporters, you still stick by them. You should still support the club YOU CHOSE to support, even for the circumstances you've mentioned...because at the end of the day, there are many football fans out there that started supporting a club because their family supports them. It's the same thing.

Either be a neutral, or support Man Utd. Because the truth is, if you support a team like Arsenal, and an Arsenal fan finds out that you were supporting Utd at first, they won't accept you as a true Arsenal fan. That's the way it goes, you stick with your team throughout your life until you're on your death bed.

but im from london man n united suck now damn u sure how amma i gonna tell my m8s i support united now, dere gonna call me gloryhunter
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 15
I don't get people who make new accounts to make 'joke' threads, let alone ones that aren't jokes, just awkward. How addicted to the internet do you have to be to even have this idea? The guy making the 'joke' puts way more effort into it than everyone else too, and people think the person is stupid. Lose-lose.
Reply 16
Original post by ozzyoscy
I don't get people who make new accounts to make 'joke' threads, let alone ones that aren't jokes, just awkward. How addicted to the internet do you have to be to even have this idea? The guy making the 'joke' puts way more effort into it than everyone else too, and people think the person is stupid. Lose-lose.

What makes you think this is a joke.?

I'm being serious
Reply 17
Original post by The New Guys
but im from london man n united suck now damn u sure how amma i gonna tell my m8s i support united now, dere gonna call me gloryhunter

That's why you're a glory hunter, you only supported Utd when they were successful and you bailed out on them when they're playing crap. No team deserves these kind of supporters. You're better off being a neutral fan because no football fan will take you seriously.
Reply 18
Original post by AnharM
That's why you're a glory hunter, you only supported Utd when they were successful and you bailed out on them when they're playing crap. No team deserves these kind of supporters. You're better off being a neutral fan because no football fan will take you seriously.

i didnt bale on them when they stopped being successful, i bailed on them 4 years before dat.

please dont infer what u think u know .

im not gonna be neutral so shame on you
Reply 19
Original post by The New Guys
i didnt bale on them when they stopped being successful, i bailed on them 4 years before dat.

please dont infer what u think u know .

im not gonna be neutral so shame on you

Even then, you shouldn't bail on your childhood team, even if you just started supporting them because of your friends. You can't support another team, nobody will take you as a serious football fan. Neutral fan, or don't watch football. You can't go back to being a Utd fan anymore LOOOL

Quick Reply

Latest