The Student Room Group

What is your least favourite subject?

What is/was your least favourite subject and why?

Scroll to see replies

For me it was PE.
I always hated it. Didnt help that i wasnt a sporty person though.
Reply 2
Original post by Emma:-)
For me it was PE.
I always hated it. Didnt help that i wasnt a sporty person though.

So you wouldn't have liked it even if you were good at sport?
Original post by KingKumar
So you wouldn't have liked it even if you were good at sport?

Not really.
PE was just one of those subjects that i didnt like whatsoever.
Geography at GCSE, I picked it primarily because I knew a large number of my friends were taking it. However, we were then all split up in a seating plan all year, our teaching was poor so few even got their predicted grades, the lessons were frequently stopped/appealing to the lowest common denominator because we had mixed sets for humanities subjects. Really wish I had chosen History instead.
Umm...I'd say English.

Funny now, because I loved English right up until I started GCSE, and you could argue it is one of my strongest subjects...but I just find it incredibly boring. I don't know if it's the CCEA spec but when you go into every lesson dreading it and you procrastinate any form of homework/CA I think it's safe to say I'm not keen :biggrin:
My least favourite subject was biology. Not that I hated it, but it was extremely hard for me to understand some concepts without sight. What I did dislike intensely, though, is maths! I used to be one of the best in the class, but one horrible teacher made me hate it. She just couldn't ever figure out why I kept asking her for help. Every time I raised my hand, I was told off for not paying attention! She couldn't explain things properly. She didn't even give me enough time for tests. In the end I dropped maths, but I don't think I'll ever need it.
Reply 7
P.E - it wasn't even an actual class, the teacher would just make us play netball every week or take us to the gym. Would have been better off just going to the gym every lesson, it was the only time anyone participated in physical activity. When we were 'playing' netball, no one bothered to play properly, the girls would just stand in the corner being catty.

I stopped going to my P.E classes eventually.
Reply 8
Art, my teacher was so boring and marked so unfairly
PE - total waste of time; it shouldn't even be in schools in my opinion
and probably maths for a "proper subject", I was always pretty bad at it
Reply 10
Original post by majmuh24
English. Always hated it, never understood it and had terrible teachers all the way through school.

Posted from TSR Mobile

[Indent]Come now, we should strive to be like Zakee and possess remarkable mathematical ability but also a vocabulary that would put people twice our age to shame. :holmes:[/Indent]
Reply 11
English. I've always hates it despite having amazing teacher throughout grammar school. It's actually one of my stronger subjects but it's just mind numbingly boring, the lesson just drag on without end. I make it so obvious to my teacher that i hate it, every single one of my english teachers is aware of my hatred toward the subject :colone:
It's a toss up between Chemistry and P.E for me. I absolutely hated P.E in the winter when I'd spend most lessons being shouted at by the teacher in her thick, water-proof coat. :tongue: I disliked Chemistry purely because the teacher we had wasn't great at controlling the lesson and even worse at explaining the subject.
Maths and chemistry... was terrible at both
History. Was pretty useless, in my opinion.
Original post by Emma:-)
What is/was your least favourite subject and why?

My least favourite subject is History as you have to learn loads of stuff and memorise key dates. Also answer a 16 mark question in 20 mins. How bad can it get.
Maths! :eek: I'm incredibly bad at it.
Chemistry is painful to sit through.
Original post by WhimsicalSloth
It's a toss up between Chemistry and P.E for me. I absolutely hated P.E in the winter when I'd spend most lessons being shouted at by the teacher in her thick, water-proof coat. :tongue: I disliked Chemistry purely because the teacher we had wasn't great at controlling the lesson and even worse at explaining the subject.

Same here, I hate how hypocritical PE teachers are yelling at you to run around in the cold and wet when they are stood in thick and waterproof winter sports wear. Chemistry is really bad too, I like the subject and want to carry on with it at A level but I have to do so much extra work at home because I learn near to nothing in the lesson :smile:
Reply 19
Overall PE. I'm not sporty, I never get included and when I do get included I'm **** so everyone shouts at me. (The reason I don't and haven't done sport for all of sixth form).

Out of the subjects I'm currently doing (biology, chemistry and maths) it is chemistry. I hate the lessons and I don't really enjoy the subject (unless it relates to biology :P )

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending