The Student Room Group

AQA AS Biology unit 2

Okay so I've done a few past papers for biology unit 2 and realised that at least 25% of the marks are based on how science works - unsuprisingly i get none of these application questions right due to my lack of common sense.

So yeah if anyone has any ideas on how i can improve on answering these questions i would be so grateful, otherwise my whole grade will go down like crap.

Also if anyone has any advice on answering the questions in the written EMPA that would be fabulous
Original post by 286001
Okay so I've done a few past papers for biology unit 2 and realised that at least 25% of the marks are based on how science works - unsuprisingly i get none of these application questions right due to my lack of common sense.

So yeah if anyone has any ideas on how i can improve on answering these questions i would be so grateful, otherwise my whole grade will go down like crap.

Also if anyone has any advice on answering the questions in the written EMPA that would be fabulous

Hi there :smile:

I'm sorry you've waited so long for a reply.

I appreciate that application questions can be difficult to get your head around, it's something I struggle with as well. My advice would be to do some practice questions, mark them yourself and try to work out where you went wrong so that you can see the areas in which you need to improve. It may also be helpful to look at the examiners report for those particular questions.

Additionally have you tired talking to your teacher about this? If you tell them that you're struggling with these types of questions they may well be able to give you some useful advice.
Reply 2
When i did unit 2 last year, application questions were my biggest weakness too! But if you're doing the aqa exam board - their textbook has tailored application questions at the end of each topic, I did a couple of them and soon got the hang of it, and came out with an A in unit 2! Just keep on practicing.

And when is your AS bio empa? I'm resitting mine, help? :colondollar:
Reply 3
Original post by Picture~Perfect
Hi there :smile:

I'm sorry you've waited so long for a reply.

I appreciate that application questions can be difficult to get your head around, it's something I struggle with as well. My advice would be to do some practice questions, mark them yourself and try to work out where you went wrong so that you can see the areas in which you need to improve. It may also be helpful to look at the examiners report for those particular questions.

Additionally have you tired talking to your teacher about this? If you tell them that you're struggling with these types of questions they may well be able to give you some useful advice.

Naa its alright- thank you haha

Well i have tried the application questions ages ago and i didnt really get the right, but since i havent done them in ages ill give it a go again.

I have looked at the examiner reports before too but they dont really benefit as theyre literally saying what people got wrong or right- but ill give that a go again too

Quick Reply

Latest