The Student Room Group

Anyone live near Reading, I'm new here and it sucks!

I had to move in with my dad near Reading in a place called Yateley about a month ago, it sucks because I had to stop college early and have to re-start in September so I don't know anyone here. Nearly 17, anyone localish wanna have a chat?:colondollar::biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

I'm from Birmingham? Lol.
That is unfortunate, Reading isn't the greatest place at the best of times let alone being miles away out in the country. I guess you will be going to Farnborough college?
Reply 3
Original post by Patrick Wallace
That is unfortunate, Reading isn't the greatest place at the best of times let alone being miles away out in the country. I guess you will be going to Farnborough college?

Actually there is a college pretty close to me, a 6th form so :smile: It's not so bad, it's just annoying leaving everyone I used to know! Reading is really close to me, I would have thought there'd be loads of people on TSR from there or around but no luck so far haha, seems I may just have to endure until September :tongue:
I'm in East Reading, I'm old (25) but you're welcome to message me if you want :smile:.
Reply 5
Lived in Reading for over a decade, never heard of Yateley. Reading used to be better, now it has unfortunately become home to a huge number of students, I really dislike them a lot, but what can you do.
Sorry Stinkum, I'm one :tongue:.
Think Yateley's about a 30min drive.

I love Reading :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by scannergirl

20 minute drive haha, not too far out but Reading is easy to get to for me so no biggie I guess :smile: Yeah I don't mind it haha, students are fine in my book! What do you study?
Reply 8
Original post by Stinkum
Lived in Reading for over a decade, never heard of Yateley. Reading used to be better, now it has unfortunately become home to a huge number of students, I really dislike them a lot, but what can you do.

Being on TSR, I think students are kind of inevitable :biggrin: How old are you? Yateley is next to Sandhurst if that's any indicator :smile:
Reply 9

Haha I didn't mean to offend anyone, sorry. I'm a student too, at a university in another city. I still come back here often and I live near the university, I'm always bumping into students, especially now because it's exam time.

Original post by TheGracie
Being on TSR, I think students are kind of inevitable :biggrin: How old are you? Yateley is next to Sandhurst if that's any indicator :smile:

I probably shouldn't have said I hate students...haha. It's just that the city has changed over the years. I'm 22 now, it used to be more quiet, now my neighborhood has become a student area. The best thing for me about the town is the river thames, it's amazing especially at this time of year. And I just checked Yateley on the map, it's not too far out, it sounds like a nice little place.
Reply 10
Original post by Stinkum
Haha I didn't mean to offend anyone, sorry. I'm a student too, at a university in another city. I still come back here often and I live near the university, I'm always bumping into students, especially now because it's exam time.

I probably shouldn't have said I hate students...haha. It's just that the city has changed over the years. I'm 22 now, it used to be more quiet, now my neighborhood has become a student area. The best thing for me about the town is the river thames, it's amazing especially at this time of year. And I just checked Yateley on the map, it's not too far out, it sounds like a nice little place.

It's fine haha, some students you can't help but hate :tongue: Oh cool, yeah I think Reading is just growing into another sort of Bristol type place :smile: Yateley is sweet, really quaint but annoying because its hard find people who are close by, luckily Reading isn't far :smile:
Welllllll I'm complicated. I was doing Pharmacy but had to suspend during my first year, and then again, and I'm not going to be able to go back in September :frown:. After so much time I've rethought and re-evaluated what I actually want to do and shizzle and right now it looks like I'm applying for 2015 entry to do diagnostic radiography in London, and commuting (KILL ME). I'm tied to Reading as have a house here :smile: and it's the most at home I've ever felt anywhere in my entire life so I am flatly refusing to leave, lol :tongue:. What do you want to do, are you wanting to go to uni after college? What are you studying? :smile:
Reply 12
Welllllll I'm complicated. I was doing Pharmacy but had to suspend during my first year, and then again, and I'm not going to be able to go back in September :frown:. After so much time I've rethought and re-evaluated what I actually want to do and shizzle and right now it looks like I'm applying for 2015 entry to do diagnostic radiography in London, and commuting (KILL ME). I'm tied to Reading as have a house here :smile: and it's the most at home I've ever felt anywhere in my entire life so I am flatly refusing to leave, lol :tongue:. What do you want to do, are you wanting to go to uni after college? What are you studying? :smile:

That does sound pretty complicated haha, well at least you're where you want to be now and have made a decision :smile: Well a house is a good thing to have I suppose :tongue: I like this part of the country, I'm far enough outside Reading that its peaceful but close enough that it's easy to get to in a hurry haha. Hmm, well I was doing AS World Development, Sociology and Law, had to stop to move in with my dad so will have to restart in September. Going to be doing, hopefully, Law, Sociology and Psychology (AS then A2) with a Law or Criminology-Psychology degree as the eventual outcome (hopefully:colondollar:)! What uni in London?
Have you been doing enough reading?
I had to move in with my dad near Reading in a place called Yateley about a month ago, it sucks because I had to stop college early and have to re-start in September so I don't know anyone here. Nearly 17, anyone localish wanna have a chat?:colondollar::biggrin:

Hey! I live in Basingstoke when I'm not at uni, so I guess I'm kinda kinda local? :smile:
That does sound pretty complicated haha, well at least you're where you want to be now and have made a decision :smile: Well a house is a good thing to have I suppose :tongue: I like this part of the country, I'm far enough outside Reading that its peaceful but close enough that it's easy to get to in a hurry haha. Hmm, well I was doing AS World Development, Sociology and Law, had to stop to move in with my dad so will have to restart in September. Going to be doing, hopefully, Law, Sociology and Psychology (AS then A2) with a Law or Criminology-Psychology degree as the eventual outcome (hopefully:colondollar:)! What uni in London?

Ooh criminology psychology sounds super-interesting! The two London unis that do my degree are South Bank and City I’ve got a friend who’s doing Mental Health nursing at South Bank so I’d see how she gets on in terms of support etc.
I’m originally from the West Mids (Brum) but lived in Ealing, London for a year and a half before coming to Reading loved Ealing, love London, so multicultural and diverse and public transport means driving isn’t necessary (I can’t afford car/MOT/tax/insurance/petrol/parking lol). Where I live there are some really nice people too J
It's fine haha, some students you can't help but hate :tongue: Oh cool, yeah I think Reading is just growing into another sort of Bristol type place :smile: Yateley is sweet, really quaint but annoying because its hard find people who are close by, luckily Reading isn't far :smile:

I live in Spencers Wood in Reading

You do ? I quite like it but it's kind of quiet at times so what interesting things are there to do ?
http://www.altreading.com/ good site to look at, twice-weekly articles about things that are going on. Tbf, Reading is quiet - I love how international and diverse it is though, and I've met some seriously lovely people here. :smile:
Reply 19
Ooh criminology psychology sounds super-interesting!The two London unis that do my degree are South Bank and City I’ve got a friend who’s doing Mental Health nursing at South Bank so I’d see how she gets on in terms of support etc.
I’m originally from the West Mids (Brum) but lived in Ealing, London for a year and a half before coming to Reading loved Ealing, love London, so multicultural and diverse and public transport means driving isn’t necessary (I can’t afford car/MOT/tax/insurance/petrol/parking lol).Where I live there are some really nice people too J

Yeah sounds good :smile: Haha, London is brilliant for public transport so that's good if the car thing is currently not viable :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending