The Student Room Group

Moyes Sacked

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by manchesterunited15
You definitely can just blame the manager when you have Mata Rooney and RVP as your front 3 and spend the whole game crossing it.

You clearly don't know that much about football then if you think the players are blameless, I cannot be bothered to argue.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by TheBigJosh
You clearly don't know that much about football then if you think the players are blameless, I cannot be bothered to argue.

Coming from the one who said the current champions of england have ****e players, lolz
Reply 42
Coming from the one who said the current champions of england have ****e players, lolz

...wow.
Original post by TheBigJosh
...wow.

Good point bro
Original post by The_Mediocre_One
Daily Mail, so must be legit!

Well, it is also on The Times, Telegraph, Guardian and the Independent.
I remember when some forum members laughed at me for suggested back in September that Moyes didn't look up to the job and might not last the season.

It was obvious to me early on that Moyes was out of his depth.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 46
Original post by The_Mediocre_One
Daily Mail, so must be legit!

It is now on the BBC too, reporting reports from other sources. Although it is on the Telegraph and Mirror too.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 47
Original post by meenu89
It is now on the BBC too.

The only thing the BBC have 'reported' is that the club have said 'no comment' and the papers have said he's getting the sack lol.

They've not actually said anything.
Original post by samba
They've not actually said anything.

Because they can't. The fact every major newspaper/site is running with this story suggests that they have been briefed by the club, and an announcement is imminent. Nothing can be done during trading hours. I trust anything Mark Ogden says about Manchester United, he obviously has sources inside the club because he is usually spot on. This is the guy who was the first to report Sir Alex Ferguson was set to retire. There are a lot of parallels between the two events.

You definitely can just blame the manager when you have Mata Rooney and RVP as your front 3 and spend the whole game crossing it.

The players have to take some responsibility. They haven't been playing for him, it's exactly the same as AVB's last knockings at Chelsea, he lost the dressing room and the players just weren't interested. You could tell watching the game yesterday that some of them clearly didn't look up for it.
Reply 49
Original post by sr90
Because they can't. The fact every major newspaper/site is running with this story suggests that they have been briefed by the club, and an announcement is imminent. Nothing can be done during trading hours. I trust anything Mark Ogden says about Manchester United, he obviously has sources inside the club because he is usually spot on. This is the guy who was the first to report Sir Alex Ferguson was set to retire. There are a lot of parallels between the two events.

Oh it's completely legit for sure. He's a goner. I'm just saying the BBC didnt (and never do) run with anything, until it's actually confirmed. They just bottomfeed off others reports.
boy, if united get klopp...
Forget rumours, heres 2 facts:

1: The BBC asked a club spokesman if Moyes had been sacked, he said no.

2: The BBC asked if he was going to be sacked, his reponse was "we do not comment on speculation".

To me, if he wasn't set to leave the club soon they would have answered number 2 "no". Not saying "no" is almost a statement in itself.
Reply 52
Original post by Amphiprion
Forget rumours, heres 2 facts:

1: The BBC asked a club spokesman if Moyes had been sacked, he said no.

2: The BBC asked if he was going to be sacked, his reponse was "we do not comment on speculation".

To me, if he wasn't set to leave the club soon they would have answered number 2 "no". Not saying "no" is almost a statement in itself.

Reminds me of the time NYSE almost bought the LSE - this is what happened at close of trade

1. Has a bid been finalised? No.

2. Will it be finalised in the morning? We cannot comment.

- In the end the deal didn't get done, but it was close, got people excited, and made people money.

Generally it means the market wont shift 'as much' in the close period, because it's still speculation. Very real speculation, but unconfirmed.
Original post by samba
Reminds me of the time NYSE almost bought the LSE - this is what happened at close of trade

1. Has a bid been finalised? No.

2. Will it be finalised in the morning? We cannot comment.

- In the end the deal didn't get done, but it was close, got people excited, and made people money.

Generally it means the market wont shift 'as much' in the close period, because it's still speculation. Very real speculation, but unconfirmed.

Yea it's still very much open to interpretation. I'm of the opinion though that by not denying it outright means there is uncertainty among the relevant people at Utd as to his future.

Either way, IF Moyes goes it won't be a "sacking" it will be a "mutual agreement" the club won't want to put their hands up to sacking him.
Reply 54
Original post by L'Etudiant
Ferguson was too good to deserve a sack, thus why Manchester United never sacked him. Moyes on the other hand...

He did go 3 years without a trophy and at one point was believed to be one game away from a sack though.
Reply 55
Yea it's still very much open to interpretation. I'm of the opinion though that by not denying it outright means there is uncertainty among the relevant people at Utd as to his future.

Either way, IF Moyes goes it won't be a "sacking" it will be a "mutual agreement" the club won't want to put their hands up to sacking him.

Oh yea, I definitely agree there's substance to it, and he's 99% or something to be sacked. Confirming it would just put a load of preopening buy orders in though and play havoc with prices. A lot of people will want to wait until it's actually confirmed instead of being speculative [at a time when the market is closed and they can't see what queued buy/sell orders others have]

I think it will be a 'sacking' actually. It would be a strong statement, at a time when one is needed.
Original post by samba
Oh yea, I definitely agree there's substance to it, and he's 99% or something to be sacked. Confirming it would just put a load of preopening buy orders in though and play havoc with prices. A lot of people will want to wait until it's actually confirmed instead of being speculative [at a time when the market is closed and they can't see what queued buy/sell orders others have]

I think it will be a 'sacking' actually. It would be a strong statement, at a time when one is needed.

I'm not sure the club have the balls to sack him out right, having been so steadfast in their backing of him so far. Starting with Fergies speech, the 6 year contract, then Bobby Charlton coming out to support him, then Fergie coming out to support him also. To legit "sack" him now, would make them look very silly.

BTW you seem to understand this stock market malarky, mind explaining what this stuff about waiting for it to close is about?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 57
I'm not sure the club have the balls to sack him out right, having been so steadfast in their backing of him so far. Starting with Fergies speech, the 6 year contract, then Bobby Charlton coming out to support him, then Fergie coming out to support him also. To legit "sack" him now, would make them look very silly.

BTW you seem to understand this stock market malarky, mind explaining what this stuff about waiting for it to close is about?

When the market is closed, any buy/sell orders on stocks/marginal trades etc wouldn't be actioned until the market opens again. So basically when it opens there's always a load of queued orders on any stocks that need actioned, and those queued orders can force heavy price fluctuation,
(edited 10 years ago)
I feel sorry for the guy, without RVP Man United would definitely not have won the title last season he practically carried them through on his own.

No doubt he'll fare better at a club with lower expectations where he doesn't have the press on his back 24/7
Original post by samba
Well because it's a bank holiday [and prices are frozen when the market is closed], any buy/sell orders on stocks/marginal trades etc wouldn't be actioned until the market opens again. So basically when it opens there's always a load of queued orders on any stocks that need actioned, and those queued orders can force heavy price fluctuation,

So why is there this rumour that Utd can't announce anything untill the market closes?

Sounds like what you're saying is that the market is already closed as its a bank holiday. If they can only announce it when the market closes at 21:00 would that not mean more qued orders, whereas announcing it while it's open would not?

Quick Reply

Latest