The Student Room Group

Best phone plan/provider?

Helloo! So, I'm not from and have never been to the UK.
I was wondering if any of you could help me provide more information on the service providers in the UK?
I'm trying to find a good phone plan and stuff but I know some providers are better than others..

I was looking at Three, are they any good?
Any opinions/past experiences are welcome n_n

thank you~

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by littlefawn
Helloo! So, I'm not from and have never been to the UK.
I was wondering if any of you could help me provide more information on the service providers in the UK?
I'm trying to find a good phone plan and stuff but I know some providers are better than others..

I was looking at Three, are they any good?
Any opinions/past experiences are welcome n_n

thank you~

im on three and its f****** s***
Reply 2
Original post by abdulahi

Ahaha how come? I better stay away then...
Reply 3
Ahaha how come? I better stay away then...

its a crap network provider i suggest you go on EE
Reply 4
As a counterpoint, I'm on 3 and have no issues whatsoever. Good coverage, good speed, no complaints.

You'll find someone with bad things to say about every provider. EE are hideously expensive for data, if that's something you're after.

Tesco mobile
Original post by Exopaladin
As a counterpoint, I'm on 3 and have no issues whatsoever. Good coverage, good speed, no complaints.

You'll find someone with bad things to say about every provider. EE are hideously expensive for data, if that's something you're after.

I agree - I'm on 3 and have absolutely no problems with their signal. I've heard a lot of people online moaning about it, but I've never had any problems. Furthermore, they have some great price plans, particularly if you want data included. A lot of their plans come with unlimited data, or least a good few 100mb of data. Personally, I'd recommend 3, although their customer service is S***!
Reply 7
Original post by Emma:-)
Tesco mobile

lmao they gangsters
lmao they gangsters

What?
Tesco mobile is good
Best network ive been on so far
Reply 9
Original post by Exopaladin

Original post by obsessedfreak95
I agree - I'm on 3 and have absolutely no problems with their signal. I've heard a lot of people online moaning about it, but I've never had any problems. Furthermore, they have some great price plans, particularly if you want data included. A lot of their plans come with unlimited data, or least a good few 100mb of data. Personally, I'd recommend 3, although their customer service is S***!

I remember hearing loads of complaints from a company in particular but I can't remember which one! But I guess 3 isn't it..
I'm looking at the Samsung Galaxy S5 plans, there's one that's all-you-can-eat data + 600 minutes. It's 38.00 a month with a 29.00 upfront cost, is that an okay price there? I don't know how much things should be in the UK .__. I may get the iPhone 5s but still it's more or less the same pricing.

its a crap network provider i suggest you go on EE

EE is quite expensive! which plan are you using?
Reply 10
Original post by Emma:-)
What?
Tesco mobile is good
Best network ive been on so far

I meant it in a good way
Orange - I pay £8 a month for sim only: unlimited texts, 100 minutes an 100MB of data :h:
I remember hearing loads of complaints from a company in particular but I can't remember which one! But I guess 3 isn't it..
I'm looking at the Samsung Galaxy S5 plans, there's one that's all-you-can-eat data + 600 minutes. It's 38.00 a month with a 29.00 upfront cost, is that an okay price there? I don't know how much things should be in the UK .__. I may get the iPhone 5s but still it's more or less the same pricing.

I'm not too sure to be honest haha - I pay £25 a month for an iPhone 4S with £75 upfront cost - all you can eat data, 500 minutes, unlimited texts. But I mean I suppose it depends on what you're looking for - how much are you willing to pay? Would you pay £38 a month? That sounds incredibly expensive to me, but I'm pretty tight with my money haha :wink:
Reply 13
Original post by obsessedfreak95
I'm not too sure to be honest haha - I pay £25 a month for an iPhone 4S with £75 upfront cost - all you can eat data, 500 minutes, unlimited texts. But I mean I suppose it depends on what you're looking for - how much are you willing to pay? Would you pay £38 a month? That sounds incredibly expensive to me, but I'm pretty tight with my money haha :wink:

I'm hoping to try and get it to maybe £25 a month.. I guess the price is different because of the phone then? Right now I'm paying I think $50 SGD (so around £25) for 12GB data, unlimited texts and 600 minutes. I'm trying to find something more kind of favoring texts and data since I don't really call much at all. Data just enough for browsing a little bit and texting on whatsapp really..
Reply 14
Original post by ILovePancakes
Orange - I pay £8 a month for sim only: unlimited texts, 100 minutes an 100MB of data :h:

Do you know how much it is with a phone? (eg iPhone 5) >w<
Do you know how much it is with a phone? (eg iPhone 5) >w<

Sorry - no idea, you can google it?

I think that you can only do iPhones on EE though.
Reply 16

EE is quite expensive! which plan are you using?

I got that 3 deal! I think it's an excellent price if you want unlimited 4g data, otherwise there are cheaper options.
Reply 17
T-mobile's unlimited data plan. They don't sell it through their website anymore but you can still get it through carphone warehouse. I get around 5mb download speeds and it is truly unlimited. Got it with my s5 for £27 a month so pretty good value.
giffgaff
Original post by ILovePancakes

T-Mobile has a better one, or at least they did when I took mine out - 500 texts, 250 minutes, and 500MB data a month for the same price :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending