The Student Room Group

EEE into finance - which uni?

Hello,
so I have received offers for the EEE program from Southampton, UCL, Edinbrough and Machester.
Which of these would you recommend solely for the EEE program?
But I was thinking lately that I might want to end up as an investment banker or in a job of that sort.
So taking that into account, does it change which uni is the best for me?
Thank you for your replies :smile:
UCL for investment banking
Sorry, but why do an engineering degree if you want to end up in investment banking? It would be a lot easier to get into doing a subject more related to it.
Original post by eggfriedrice
Sorry, but why do an engineering degree if you want to end up in investment banking? It would be a lot easier to get into doing a subject more related to it.

Not necessarily, people from all ranges of degrees from Philosophy to Geography go into investment banking and a quantitative degree such as Engineering would help.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by yl95
Not necessarily, people from all ranges of degrees from Philosophy to Geography go into investment banking and a quantitative degree such as Engineering would help.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well it seems like a very round about way of doing things if you want to become an investment banker.
Why bother studying such a vocational degree as EEE when you want to become an IB?
Original post by eggfriedrice
Well it seems like a very round about way of doing things if you want to become an investment banker.

I don't see why not. :l
Reply 7
IB's love STEM degrees for those who are questioning the OP's choice of degree
Original post by physicsboy1
IB's love STEM degrees for those who are questioning the OP's choice of degree

We know that, but what's the point of putting yourself through the misery of doing a fairly intense and hard degree just to go off and get a job where arguably you could do a less stressful degree and still get.
Reply 9
Original post by Dr Alcoholic
We know that, but what's the point of putting yourself through the misery of doing a fairly intense and hard degree just to go off and get a job where arguably you could do a less stressful degree and still get.

People change their minds on what they want to do, no doubt the OP wanted to become an electrical engineer when they applied and no doubt they'll change their minds when at uni

Quick Reply

Latest