The Student Room Group

K constant Units

Hi,

I was wondering if someone can just check that i have worked out the units correctly for the below equation.

K = Rate / [A]m n

For my reaction the rate was = 0.022 (s-1)

And the concentrations below were both first order, in terms of units this should be:

s-1 / (moldm-3) (moldm-3)

I worked out the units as Mol-1dm6s-1 . Does that seem right to you? Many thanks!
Shouldn't it be
Unparseable latex formula:

s^{-1}mol^{-2}dm^{6}}

Reply 2
[QUOTE="7jdrabble;47254354"]Hi,

I was wondering if someone can just check that i have worked out the units correctly for the below equation.

K = Rate / [A]m n

And the concentrations below were both first order, in terms of units this should be:

I worked out the units as Mol-1dm6s-1 . Does that seem right to you? Many thanks!

It would be mol-2 dm6 s-1

EDIT: It would actually be mol-1 dm3 s-1, as the units for rate are mol dm-3 s-1​, and not just s-1.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3
Yes it should be! Many thanks for your help, a silly mistake on my part!
Reply 4
Original post by 7jdrabble
Hi,

K = Rate / [A]m n

Um shouldn't it actually be mol-1 dm3 s-1. The units for rate is mol dm-3 s-1, not just s-1?
Reply 5
Original post by Munrot07
Um shouldn't it actually be mol-1 dm3 s-1. The units for rate is mol dm-3 s-1, not just s-1?

Yes, you're right. Edited now :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest