The Student Room Group

How did prostitutes not get pregnant?

I've started watching Game of Thrones recently and it's made me question how did prostitutes in times before contraception not get pregnant. It would kind of bring an end to their career.

Scroll to see replies

with a sharpened stick.
There are numerous herb/plant extracts which can cause abortion/miscarriage with fairly good results and have been known of for centuries. Bar that though I'm unsure..
Knowledge of menstrual cycles
getting the dude to pull out before ejaculation, or splashing out the spunk with water or something :lol: I really don't know
Ever seen Vera Drake?
Apparently they did still have contraception back then :dontknow:
Reply 7
Original post by LickingCarpet
I've started watching Game of Thrones recently and it's made me question how did prostitutes in times before contraception not get pregnant. It would kind of bring an end to their career.

By getting a **** punt every time someone came inside them.
Original post by Vixen47
Ever seen Vera Drake?

Nope

Original post by Maid Marian

Really? What kind?
Original post by LickingCarpet
Nope

Really? What kind?

I think they still had condoms ... I remember Plantagenet Crown posted a picture of one on here once. But then, whether they actually used them, I don't know :dontknow:
Original post by Maid Marian

Punches to the stomach do not count as contraception
Original post by bertstare
Punches to the stomach do not count as contraception

I .. didn't say that?
A sharpened stick as posted earlier for any unwanted pregnancies, Vera Drake used the same procedure except maybe knitting needles.
Douching was also used
Original post by Silver Arrows
with a sharpened stick.

That made me clench my vagina with such force that it collapsed in on itself forming a black hole which will eventually engulf the universe.

Well done.
They had those condoms made out of leather. Either that or the bloke had to pull out before cumming everywhere.
Eurgh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You know there is a thing called a search engine...
They pull out
Vera Drake was about a back street abortionist, not prostitution, for the benefit of those who have not seen it. The film deserved an Oscar, probably Mike Leigh's finest.
A little bit of history from Buzzfeed.

Quick Reply

Latest