The Student Room Group

Fed up of guys only wanting sex?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Hellcat12
That's the best approach. :yep:

I am really sorry that this happened to you but at least you did get to know the kind of people around us. :hugs:
You seem pretty nice, surely you shall have a great guy, any time soon.

Definitely...this is making me even more excited about Uni...I just feel like I'm working and sleeping and then clubbing haha! I'm excited to meet new, amazing people that share my interests :biggrin:

Thank you very much mr! :tongue:
Reply 41
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Didn't read. Get of your high horse.

Not sure there's really any need...I'm only asking for some advice!
Original post by Ellie :)
Maybe I should stop meeting guys in bars :s-smilie:

You answered your own question. A club is the worst place to look if you want something long term. I have woken up the next morning after a night out with numbers in my phone and no recollection of who they belong to, hardly going to text them am I? You do get the occasional story of people who met their other half in a club, but those are the exception rather than the norm.
Reply 43
You know, most people will put on an act to get something they want! What appears nice for the first few glances might not actually be so. It's probably best to take things slowly when you meet someone; if they're interested then they're not going to mind. You have to make sure you still seem interested though, as not seemingly so will put off every party, regardless of what they're looking for.
Sorry I wasn't really trying to make anything of the fact that I'm training to be an engineer...just that I'm not stupid and I respect myself! haha :tongue:

I am really sorry, I didn't mean to offend you. It was a joke. I think it's really nice that you respect yourself but if you would stop supposing that guys only want you for sex, maybe it would be considered as proper self-respect. :h:

Original post by ihavemooedtoday
But isn't that true? :biggrin: someone just needs to say it!

It might be true, it's good to see that people love their career choices. :cute:
Reply 45
Original post by awe
I can't believe no-one has said this - get their number. Text them. I can guarantee things will change if you start to show your interest yourself, take the initiative yourself. It shouldn't just be up to them to start things, they can be just as nervous and worried about 'making a move' as anyone else so even if they want to text the pretty girl from the club last night, it might just be a bit too nervy in the light of day. You want dates - so ask for them.

Well this guy who didn't text me...i added him on twitter and sent him a message...he replied for a bit and then ignored me! And after seeing him in the bar I did say to him 'I think you're a genuinely nice guy & I'd love to get to know you more'

He mumbled something about a drink sometime...I'm pretty sure he won't call haha
Reply 46
I am really sorry, I didn't mean to offend you. It was a joke. I think it's really nice that you respect yourself but if you would stop supposing that guys only want you for sex, maybe it would be considered as proper self-respect. :h:

It might be true, it's good to see that people love their career choices. :cute:

No no you didn't offend me! haha...I just didn't want to seem like I was being all arrogant about it...haha :haughty:
The type of women are humans and pretty ordinary like everyone else. :biggrin:
People should pursue their interests, no matter what.

That sounds interesting. I still doubt that all engineers fall roughly into the "independent" range, but I wouldn't say that you are wrong.

Yeah definitely. It's not all of them. That's just a generalization :smile:.

Following their passion is really the key. The most amazing girl I've met started off an a professional ballerina after high school (went on a world tour), then decided that ballet is not really what she wants to do, and went into engineering instead. Did that for a year, became very good at it, and then deciding that engineering is not really for her either, and is now doing med school at a reasonably prestigious Canadian university.

Love people who aren't afraid of taking risks to pursue their dreams. It's just that there are more of these kind of girls in engineering, because unfortunately very few parents encourage their daughters to go into eng.
Reply 48
Original post by sr90
You answered your own question. A club is the worst place to look if you want something long term. I have woken up the next morning after a night out with numbers in my phone and no recollection of who they belong to, hardly going to text them am I? You do get the occasional story of people who met their other half in a club, but those are the exception rather than the norm.

This is definitely a starting point! haha...it's just so hard when you work all the time ggrrr
Reply 49
Well this guy who didn't text me...i added him on twitter and sent him a message...he replied for a bit and then ignored me! And after seeing him in the bar I did say to him 'I think you're a genuinely nice guy & I'd love to get to know you more'

He mumbled something about a drink sometime...I'm pretty sure he won't call haha

One time, once case... not everyone you meet in a club will be the *'right one'*, but my point still stands, you were putting forward that they get your number and you wait, and that's it. Just be forward if the issue is that 'nothing is happening', don't be the same as every other girl from the club waiting for a text. As mentioned it's also not the best place to meet someone serious, even if they are they might not think the same of you. It'll be easier at university, most people who want to can match up within the first few weeks.

Also... just ignore antagonistic posters projecting their own fears about women onto you, no need to reply or justify your likes/preferences etc.
This is definitely a starting point! haha...it's just so hard when you work all the time ggrrr

Know how you feel :sad: Especially since dating in the workplace is an awful idea!
Reply 51
Original post by sr90
Know how you feel :sad: Especially since dating in the workplace is an awful idea!

Well I work in an office of 5 guys and myself...they're all over 35 and married or with girlfriends...my options are limited! haha :tongue:
Reply 52
Original post by awe
One time, once case... not everyone you meet in a club will be the *'right one'*, but my point still stands, you were putting forward that they get your number and you wait, and that's it. Just be forward if the issue is that 'nothing is happening', don't be the same as every other girl from the club waiting for a text. As mentioned it's also not the best place to meet someone serious, even if they are they might not think the same of you. It'll be easier at university, most people who want to can match up within the first few weeks.

Also... just ignore antagonistic posters projecting their own fears about women onto you, no need to reply or justify your likes/preferences etc.

Yeah I guess not...especially if they're drunk! haha
Well I have become more confident lately...there's no way I would've tried to make a move before! I guess it's all a learning experience

I'm definitely looking forward to meeting new people :cute:

And yeah, I am :tongue:
No, I'm not sure they have been...the problem is that I actually have started to go for guys that I thought were mature and nice! Especially the shy, cute guy who took my number and gave me a goodbye kiss..only for him not to text and then I see him flirting with every girl in the whole bar in front of me in a few weeks time. He seemed really nice at first and it was basically all an act! haha...I'm pretty sure because I didn't go home with him he decided not to text.
Maybe I should stop meeting guys in bars :s-smilie:

Bingo.

If someone gets chatting to you in a bar, it was likely based on immediate physical attraction rather than any kind of personal interest. Unless you're some kind of amazingly stand-out Goddess, that means you're just one of the many people they could potentially chat to that night/any night.

You're much more likely to meet people who are looking for a relationship through friends, social activities or groups at uni. Contrary to what some of the TSR-kiddies might say, not everyone in their 20's is just looking for a fling or sex. That said, you have to be aware of the context in which you're meeting people, and understand that the majority of bar/club hook-ups aren't looking for a happily-ever-after.
I'm not going to insult you and tell you, you friendzoned the Nice Guy (I don't know you, you might not have) or say you chase the badboys, but if you're meeting guys in clubs and bars, that's kinda your problem tbh, why do you think they're there?
Reply 55
Original post by yo radical one
I'm not going to insult you and tell you, you friendzoned the Nice Guy (I don't know you, you might not have) or say you chase the badboys, but if you're meeting guys in clubs and bars, that's kinda your problem tbh, why do you think they're there?

Yeah I may have had an epiphany when listening to everyone that bars aren't the best place to meet the right kind of people! haha...
I'm 19, 20 in October, and I can say, I'm not just after sex, I actually want a relationship. I know most of my friends dont get why I'd rather NOT sleep with loads of girls as they all want to, I just don't get the point in anonymous one night stand type sex. But I think I'm a minority unfortunately..
Reply 57
Original post by GeorgeBuxey94
I'm 19, 20 in October, and I can say, I'm not just after sex, I actually want a relationship. I know most of my friends dont get why I'd rather NOT sleep with loads of girls as they all want to, I just don't get the point in anonymous one night stand type sex. But I think I'm a minority unfortunately..

The truth hurts :tongue: haha...but I do understand what guys of this age CAN be like...I don't particularly see the point?
Yes it's fun...but it can't be that great emotionally? But then again, guys are programmed to mate at this age :')
It's nice to meet a decent person :smile:
What has engineering got to do with a person being nice? :curious:
Or anything with sex?

Engineer-fetish, huh? :hubba:

Nothing wrong with having an engineer-fetish... :colone:
I know this is one of those typical questions, but I guess I'd like some straight, personal advice.
I'm 20 years old and every guy I seem to have a spark with is only after one thing...
I haven't slept with many guys at all, I haven't been round the block, I've only slept with one guy out of a relationship (And I did have feelings for him), I'm not unattractive, I'm relatively intelligent (I'm an engineer), I think I'm a kind caring person and I'm bubbly and a little bit crazy :P

It's really starting to get me down that over the past 6 months I've met 2 nice guys. Each time we hit it off, they took my number (in one case they gave me an incredible goodbye kiss) and then neither of them text.
I actually saw one of them last week in a bar and he ignored me and hit on every girl in there!
I'd just like to have a connection and then go on some dates?! haha
I have met other nice guys in this time but these 2 I really felt the spark :') Most guys I meet only seem to be interested in sex and not in me.

I'm not sure if I'm going for the wrong type of guys, if I'm being too picky, if I'm trying too hard (I am quite independent) or maybe all 19-20 year old guys are like this and I should try and date older guys?

I'm also in full time work at the moment and heading to University to study engineering in September...so maybe I should just relax and I'll hopefully meet someone nice there?

What was so incredible about the kiss?

Also some guys don't want sex, they just want cuddles and kisses.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending