The Student Room Group
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth

UOTC

Hello all, I have firmed my unconditional offer for Portsmouth (Engineering and Technology Foundation Year) and am so excited to go! I have been looking at various societies available at Portsmouth and as a former Cadet I was encouraged to look at the Officers' Training Corps. While it looks incredible (a bit like the Cadets but you get paid, which is always an added bonus) I am a bit concerned about travel to Southampton and whatnot. If anybody here has any experience with the UOTC I would like to hear from you and I would also like to hear from people going to Portsmouth next year and are looking at joining as well.
Reply 1
Original post by dcrackers13
Hello! I am looking at UOTC for next year too whilst doing history at Portsmouth. Looks quite good and a little bit of beer money. I served for five years in the infantry (I'm 24..old!) and want to rejoin as a commissioned officer in the future so I'm hoping it is a nice rung onto that ladder. Looks like there is a bus that runs from the Uni for the UOTC in Southampton.

Five years in the infantry - you've already got a head start then! I didn't know that there was a bus that goes there - that sounds better than an hour and a half on the train. The other option I was looking at was to join the PWRR Army Reserve unit in Portsmouth, but the UOTC is university-specific, so they take exam dates and deadlines into account. I'm looking at possibly joining the army as an officer when I graduate as well so it would be nice to do something while at uni.

I hope I'll see you there!
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending