The Student Room Group
Lord Ashcroft Building, Anglia Ruskin University
Anglia Ruskin University
Chelmsford
Visit website

Freshers!

I am planning to live at home when I go to Anglia Ruskin University's Cambridge Campus and I am stuck about what to do when it's freshers week because I would have to commute around 30 miles. Helpppp.
Reply 1
I'd recommend that you just try and get involved as much as you can. :smile: Once you make friends you will hopefully get invited over to people's Halls and out into the City with them, so the commute will be worth it to mingle with others! I'd not worry too much about it, yet. See how you do during Freshers Week, first. :smile:
Lord Ashcroft Building, Anglia Ruskin University
Anglia Ruskin University
Chelmsford
Visit website
Reply 2
It might be an idea for the first night or two at least of Freshers Week to get a cheap hotel or B&B room, just so you don't have to commute in the middle of the night/early hours of the morning if you're going out, just as a safety precaution (especially if you drink on a night out). As you start to make friends you'll be able to crash at their Halls/house throughout the year :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Gaunty07
I'd recommend that you just try and get involved as much as you can. :smile: Once you make friends you will hopefully get invited over to people's Halls and out into the City with them, so the commute will be worth it to mingle with others! I'd not worry too much about it, yet. See how you do during Freshers Week, first. :smile:

Thanks, yeah, hoping to meet some people on here that are planning to go there in September :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Hannarr93
It might be an idea for the first night or two at least of Freshers Week to get a cheap hotel or B&B room, just so you don't have to commute in the middle of the night/early hours of the morning if you're going out, just as a safety precaution (especially if you drink on a night out). As you start to make friends you'll be able to crash at their Halls/house throughout the year :smile:

This is a really good idea, should have thought of it myself, haha, thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending