The Student Room Group

Things you just don't get, that people do.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ILovePancakes
Haha, I thought you meant actually washing :tongue:

You see, I don't get baths. You're lying in a pool of your own dirt. Whenever I have one I shower before and afterwards.

Original post by + polarity -
you're not telling me

you prefer to stew

in your own filth?

Original post by Ruthless Dutchman
Difficult and laborious? I fall asleep standing under the shower, a constant stream of clean hot water over your back which sometimes feels like a mild massage, the splashing of the water on the base of the shower drowning out the noises of people slamming on the door saying you've been in there for over half an hour. Bliss..

I don't particularly like baths, just kinda sit there stewing :/

Baths are glorious >.< Why am I the only one who sees this :cry:
Original post by Kaeseia
Currently in the US - I see it everywhere! Shorts with the British flag on are oddly common in Miami. :biggrin:

Well I'm from up North and I've never seen anyone wear an American Football shirt... then again most people in my hometown are - shall we say - very critical of American Football as a sport. :tongue:

Maybe it's equally popular then! Is Miami as awesome as it looks? I've never been :nopity:

I'm from the South-East and most of the people who wear the American Football shirts here probably don't even know what American Football is :lol:
Reply 62
Original post by Maid Marian
Baths are glorious >.< Why am I the only one who sees this :cry:

Well I can understand the appeal to lying down in a warm/hot bath, maybe some bubbles, candles, a book etc. It's not for me though :smile:
Reply 63
Original post by Law-Hopeful
Maybe it's equally popular then! Is Miami as awesome as it looks? I've never been :nopity:

I'm from the South-East and most of the people who wear the American Football shirts here probably don't even know what American Football is :lol:

Probably depends where you are in each country I suppose, more patriotic people probably wear their own flags and yes! It's awesome :biggrin: such a huge city with everything you could ever possibly need from drive-thru banks and pharmacies to 'ticket clinic' lawyers to cute little restaurants. It's really pretty too :h: You should come! :biggrin:
Original post by Ruthless Dutchman
Well I can understand the appeal to lying down in a warm/hot bath, maybe some bubbles, candles, a book etc. It's not for me though :smile:

Loool, I don't do any of those. I just like lying back and having a good scrub :colone: :ahee:
Reply 65
Original post by Maid Marian
Loool, I don't do any of those. I just like lying back and having a good scrub :colone: :ahee:

I suppose a shower seat may be more to your fancy then!
Reply 66
Hats.

Okay a flat cap is acceptable if you are over 60, but personally I don't understand why people wear hats (aside from baldness). I mean a beanie has its use in winter, and so does a cap in summer but most people just seem to wear it as a fashion accessory.
Reply 67
Original post by Robbie242
Why people in their 20s don't join social groups?!?!

Looool.
Reply 68
Original post by bertstare
Don't think anyone "gets" drunk driving

What are you on about?
Original post by Jaegon Targaryen
Have you even watched them lol ?

Let me guess , Towie ? Eastenders ? Chelsea ?

No, because as I said, they don't sound like good shows...

Breaking Bad just sounds irritating and GoT sounds like it could've been a really good story, if they didn't have all the sex/the overkilll of so many characters.

And I don't watch those three you mentioned, if that's what you meant.
Reply 70
Original post by Pride
Check again, he didn't actually say that. Nice try.

She sweetie pie, thanks for coming to my defence :smile: .
(edited 10 years ago)
when people:
- act quiet and shy in front of someone new, and as soon as that person leaves...bam!!! out comes the wild side.
-dont flush the toilet
-dont give me pos rep
Original post by Kaeseia
Probably depends where you are in each country I suppose, more patriotic people probably wear their own flags and yes! It's awesome :biggrin: such a huge city with everything you could ever possibly need from drive-thru banks and pharmacies to 'ticket clinic' lawyers to cute little restaurants. It's really pretty too :h: You should come! :biggrin:

That sounds awesome! :K: I would love to visit one day :closedeyes: Way too busy with A levels though, are you on a gap year? :smile:
People who post up "my _____ thinks he/she is ugly, tell him/her otherwise!" With a pic of whoever it is, it just spams my newsfeed in Facebook :frown:
Reply 74
Mathematics, I honestly do not get it at all. I'm fine with simple stuff but some of the threads on here about it hurt my brain.

Everyone on TSR seems to be a maths genius :eek:.
Reply 75
Original post by everything1177
I don't understand that either. Once I saw a guy fall over because his trousers were too low

Posted from TSR Mobile

I seen that after a fight at school, the guys trousers fell down as he nose dived into a tree trunk exposing his bad coloured underwear lol.
Reply 76
People who feel the need to talk and be sociable all the time.
Smoking cigarettes, - Costs thousands of pounds a year and damages your health
Also don't understand why people (and particularly guys) feel the need to constantly update their facebook statuses with their plans/how they're feeling/what they're doing
Original post by Steezy
Drink milk... ****ing disgusting if you think about it...

Milk is such a heavenly drink :sad:

Quick Reply

Latest