The Student Room Group

Hospital work placement

Hi, sorry i don't know if this is the right place to post this but i'm in need of some help.
I'm taking a gap year and need to get a work placement in a maternity ward at huddersfield royal infirmary. I'm not sure how to find this placement. Who do i contact? What do i say? Where else can i do a work placement for a midwifery related course? What else could i do in my gap year that would help my chances into midwifery? I can't go outside the country because i've got an operation later in the year. Please could someone help? D: thanks xox
Look online to see whether your hospital takes work experience placements, if it's there then there will be contacts details for a work experience coordinator or something like that! (but many hospitals don't offer work experience placements so it might not). Your experience doesn't have to be midwifery related, so you'll probably have more chance finding some voluntary work in an old people's home or children's centre etc. As long as it shows you're caring then you can do anything with people! Email midwives who run antenatal classes/pregnancy yoga classes etc and see if you can observe them? I did that, it was amazing! Did a hospital work placement too, but didn't see a birth in the whole two days ahaha! :smile:
Reply 2
It took me about ten seconds to find this via google.

http://www.cht.nhs.uk/working-for-us/volunteering-work-experience/

There's an email address in the work experience section of that page where you should be able to get some more information :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by moonkatt
It took me about ten seconds to find this via google.

http://www.cht.nhs.uk/working-for-us/volunteering-work-experience/

There's an email address in the work experience section of that page where you should be able to get some more information :smile:

Omg thank you so much! :biggrin:
Reply 4
Original post by -thechosenone
Omg thank you so much! :biggrin:

You're welcome. Good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending