The Student Room Group

Regret Insurance Choice

Hi, I am applying for uni this year. I have accepted my firm and insurance choice. However now I don't want to go to my insurance anymore and I don't want to do the course they are offering. I have heard that the insurance choice may keep hold of you even if you don't meet the grade requirements.
I was thinking of getting them to reject me now so that I could could in to clearing quicker if I don't get the grade for my firm choice.
Is this a sensible thing to do?
Or should I wait till I get my results and then go into clearing?
HELP. :confused::confused::confused:
Reply 1
I'm actually in a somewhat similar position as you; I've accepted my firm and insurance choice, but now I'd much rather not go to my insurance at all. I'm just using it as motivation to get the grades for my firm choice. :tongue: If I were you, I'd find out whether you can go through clearing even once you've been accepted by your insurance (hopefully someone on this forum will be able to confirm that) and then go from there. If that's possible, I'd just wait until you get your results and then go through clearing.
Your Insurance is only an issue if you don't get accepted by your Firm.

If this happens and you no longer want to do the course at your Insurance, then you can ask that Uni if another course/subject is possible. Or you can reject the confirmed Insurance place, and either go into Clearing or just reapply to different Unis/courses next year.

If you decide to drop your Insurance choice for this year and just have a Firm, you can do this. BUT remember, you then have no alternative but to go into Clearing if you want to go to Uni this year.

Guide to Results Day here - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/guide_to_a_level_results_day

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending