The Student Room Group

Do you consider yourself good-looking?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Maid Marian
:frown: I'm not lovely and I really am as bad as I think I am. :sigh: But thanks for the kind words :hugs:

I don't just dish out compliments. You really do seem like a lovely person. I wish you could get a confidence boost. :hugs:
Reply 81
Nah, I'm quite ugly. Been told many times by girls in my younger days. I just try to live with it.
Original post by ILovePancakes
I don't just dish out compliments. You really do seem like a lovely person. I wish you could get a confidence boost. :hugs:

Well thanks, that's flattering that you think that. :redface: Online personalities don't count for anything in the real world, though.
Pretty average I'd say but think I scrub up quite well for suit & tie ocasions.
Reply 84
No. No one (except my girlfriend) has said I'm good looking, I don't look in the mirror and see a good looking person and I just know I'm not. Equally, I know I'm not a bad looking person for similar reasons. I'm very average in the looks department and I'm happy with that, actually prefer it to being good looking :P weird.
I'd say that I was happy with the way I look although I've always felt that you need a good personality to be truly 'beautiful' or 'pretty,' and I'm pretty boring in real life, so that makes it a bit of a problem. :tongue:
Reply 86
Consider myself alright could be worse just need to get rid of some excess fat tbh 😭😬😪😫
Motivated to but after exams more lol😜
Posted from TSR Mobile
I sometimes see it, sometimes don't.

But other people tell me they like the way I look in their own way.
Thanks mum and dad.
Original post by Maid Marian
Well thanks, that's flattering that you think that. :redface: Online personalities don't count for anything in the real world, though.

I beg to differ. You might not have the confidence to be yourself 'in the real world' - but I think that when you're not afraid of saying what you think and such (often behind a computer screen), you present who you truly are :smile:. You'd also need a huge personality change to not be a lovely person in real life. Like I said, you just need some confidence and a hug :tongue:.
Original post by grgrgr
It's funny how people are expected to have a good self-esteem and be confident and what else but when someone says they think of themselves to be good-looking they're easily deemed to be full of themselves. The one time I called myself hot as a joke I got told I was a narcissist. Doesn't really give me space to consider myself good-looking, not that I necessarily do : D

Don't worry, if that's you on your avatar then you don't look bad at all ^^

aww thank you, you're lovely :biggrin:
Of course I am an alpha :smug:
Reply 91
Sometimes I think I'm all right, verging on pretty. Other times I feel I look genuinely disgusting.

Happy times! :redface:
I know I have lovely eyes and lips, but my nose and face shape ruins it for me. :lol:
I'd like to think so :colondollar:
If I make a effort then sometimes I'm happy but a lot of the time I feel like ****.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Original post by fnatic NateDestiel
Of course I am an alpha :smug:

I actually hate this term so much.
Reply 96
No. The only thing I like are my eyes.
I don't really know... Sometimes just before I'm about to go out and I'm in nice clothes and my make-up's all done I think I look nice and I feel confident about my looks but then I look at photos that other people have taken or I look in the mirror when I have no make-up on or my hair's a mess and I'm just like omg I am the ugliest person on this planet.
I think most people think that though, I know that my hair is my strong point so I try to use it as best as I can but I also know my weight is a problem (I'm working on it) so I try to find clothes to make me look my best.
TL;DR: Yes and no, I try my best to make myself look as good as possible though.
Original post by ILovePancakes
I actually hate this term so much.

I'm sorry about that :/
Original post by fnatic NateDestiel
I'm sorry about that :/

Were you using it seriously?

Quick Reply

Latest