The Student Room Group
On campus at University of Greenwich
University of Greenwich
London

Freshens fayre

Does anyone know what the freshers fayre is like at Avery hill campus? X
Reply 1
In what context? As in what does the day entail or just in general?
On campus at University of Greenwich
University of Greenwich
London
Reply 2
What happens on the day?
What sort of freebies can you pick up and what's def worth picking up?
Xx
Reply 3
Basically there are stalls all around the dome and last year they had a marquee for sports. You walk around signing up for societies, competitions and stuff like that...I basically last year signed up for anything where I got something free haha. Definitely get a welcome bag though provided by the University! The stalls may vary from last year though, I just signed up for everything that was giving me something free last year, some things may not be of interest though. Don't worry about the commitment side of things, whatever you sign up for you don't have to stick to. But it's a great day to see all the offerings from the uni, and offers from companies (dominos and nandos attended last year) etc.
Reply 4
What sort of things were in the welcome bag?

all a bit off the topic did you receive a welcome pack in the post before you started at Greenwich? Or anything to do with starting like handbook.freshers etc cx
Reply 5
The welcome bag included a big calendar poster that you can put on your wall in your flat, freshers event booklet, a pen, sourz, and just other little leaflets I think....I really can't remember well as I picked up so much that day and was just shoving it in the bag as I went along lol.

Ermmm I think you receive like an accommodation book and stuff, with little guides about starting your first year.

I also got a 'starter' box when I picked up my keys for the flat, which included discounts off places.

But be aware, this probably changes every year so it may not be the same when you start.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending