The Student Room Group

Is Alex Ferguson the biggest fraud in English football?

Anyone who knows anything about how the Glazers financed their takeover of Utd, and how Ferguson tried to silence and discredit opposition must think twice about his legacy at Utd. Who's interests was he looking out for?

Not to mention the fact his appointment of Moyes almost certainly had vanity aspects about it... Would Moyes have been appointed had he not been Scotch? Would Fergie have appointed a manager who would upstage him, or even equal him?

Ferguson was a great manager, but did he not look out for no.1? Did he give a **** about Utd beyond what it gave him?
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Well, considering he still goes to their matches and has a directors seat then he must do.
Reply 2
Judas took 30 pieces of silver, I wonder how many Fergie took?
You are kidding yourself if you think Ferguson was worried about preserving his 'legacy', he doesn't need to prove anything to any one.

It's very unlikely that even Jose or Wenger could come in and follow him with his trophy hall.

There is so much hype and **** spouted about United these days its unbelievable.
Reply 4
Lol Man U are ****

Arsenal till I die mofos

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol, fergie only won last season because he basically stole our best player - van persie from us.

Imagine if we had him this season!

ramsey- Ozil -Carzola- theox

Van Persie

Arsenal have the best midfield in the premier league, thanks to the rise of Ramsey, ozil, and carzola.

We just need a world-class striker and more leaders in defence.
(edited 9 years ago)
What a pointless thread. #Arsenalforeverinutdsshadow
nope..they just chose moyes because they were all scottish!!...they didn't look at whether Moyes would be able to handle such an amazing team! what a wrong choice in the first place..
Opie Surfagert
Original post by Zainabahlulbayt
Lol, fergie only won last season because he basically stole our best player - van persie from us.

Van Persie

Arsenal have the best midfield in the premier league, thanks to the rise of Ramsey, ozil, and carzola.

The word you are looking for is purchased!
Ferguson just tried to pick someone in his own image to replace him. I highly doubt Moyes would have been chosen if he wasn't Scottish. I find it bizarre that the Man United board let him just select his successor like that.
Reply 11
It's definitely possible Fergie put Moyes in charge as he'll knew he'd fail thus making him like he's the only one that could provide for united.
Imagine getting a manager in who win the champions league and premiership. Would make it look like Fergie wasn't as special as everyone says.

Now Fergie was great, undeniably so. But I'm not impressed at the way the club are treating him like a God. Road named after him, stand named after him and a statue! Seriously? He's not dead.

But either way, we've now got rid of his **** up so he can be forgotten. Let's focus on the future. What's done is done and there's no point crying over spilt milk.
Original post by Chief Wiggum
Ferguson just tried to pick someone in his own image to replace him. I highly doubt Moyes would have been chosen if he wasn't Scottish. I find it bizarre that the Man United board let him just select his successor like that.

Hi!

I know you're not a spokesperson for Man United but I've always wanted to be a manager and think that I'm an even closer fit to Fergie than David Moyes ever was. I chew gum vigorously and have even lived among cows for 2 months to learn their chew method. I also religiously drink myself into oblivion during the week among other accolades include kicking a shoe at my brother and not talking to my parents when they want to sit me down when I've done something wrong.

Do you think I have a shot?

Thanks for your response.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Zürich
Judas took 30 pieces of silver, I wonder how many Fergie took?

2 Champions Leagues and how many titles?

You obviously think Ozil has been a success for Arsenal, which certainly isn't a commonly held view.

Van Persie

So close, yet so far...

RvP already had a foot out the door before SAF came knocking. The reason United won the title last year was because they 'stole' van Persie, it's just he was 'stolen' from Man City, not Arsenal.

Anyway I'm a United fan who, over the past 2 or 3 years has been increasingly frustrated with SAF's dictatorial role at the club so I'm sure many 'real' fans will just think I'm being foolish when I say I'm glad he 'll be spending more time in the US.
Reply 16
Original post by jaydoh
2 Champions Leagues and how many titles?

His pieces of silver yet again. Did he care what state he left Utd in?
Original post by Zürich

That wasn't neccessarily his fault he tried to invest in younger players/nurture them: Rafael, Fabio, De Gea, Cleverley etc. Some turned out good some didn't, and we know gone are the days when a team with home grown players are title contenders.
Original post by Zürich

Absolutely he did. He won title in his last season. Surely that's the best position you can attempt to leave your club in, no? Champions.
Reply 19
Original post by jaydoh
That wasn't neccessarily his fault he tried to invest in younger players/nurture them: Rafael, Fabio, De Gea, Cleverley etc. Some turned out good some didn't, and we know gone are the days when a team with home grown players are title contenders.

My main point is that the Glazers robbed Utd, and Fergie facilitated it.

Thoughts?

Quick Reply

Latest