The Student Room Group

i dont know what to do please help

Basically ive got gallstones and over the last few days ive been having what you call an attack where thr pain is awful. For me it's at night. However I've been awake sice five this morning. The pain isnt going away with prescription pain killers. Theyve only taken the edge off.
Were meant to be going to rome for the weekend on Friday. We booked before the diagnosis.
My mum now thinks we shouldn't go. But leaving it to the last minute means there's a slim chance of getting money back as my docs are so busy,often a two week wait so no doctors note
What should I do? My mum is convinced I will end up on hospital in Italy with infected gallbladder., unable to make it home for the biology empa i have next week.
I feel like going to a and e. However, i did that before when the pain was this bad and was turned away. I wasnt offered a scan and was told that's just the pain you get.
What do I do? I'm not running a fever so I dont think im that ill and there's no way ill get the corporation this weekend unless I'm ten times worse than i am now,which makes me think not going would be a huge waste of money with no chance of me getting gallbladder taken out sooner
Help
awww omg! I hope you are okay! im sorry but I cant help with this, just do what you think is right x
Reply 2
Hi, I've had gallstones and my gallbladder removed so I know exactly of the pain you are going through. My first advice would be to go to a&e, I can't believe they've actually turned you away before everytime I went to a&e they kept me in and gave me morphine. Anyway, I would really suggest staying away from any fatty food what so ever. I got put on a zero fat diet and this decreased the frequency of my attacks dramatically, I went from having one everyday to about one a week. I'm not saying this will answer everything but the less fat your body has to break down the better.
I really hope you get the operation soon as I understand completely how horrible the pain is. Hope any of this helps :-)
Original post by emilyleah
Hi, I've had gallstones and my gallbladder removed so I know exactly of the pain you are going through. My first advice would be to go to a&e, I can't believe they've actually turned you away before everytime I went to a&e they kept me in and gave me morphine. Anyway, I would really suggest staying away from any fatty food what so ever. I got put on a zero fat diet and this decreased the frequency of my attacks dramatically, I went from having one everyday to about one a week. I'm not saying this will answer everything but the less fat your body has to break down the better.
I really hope you get the operation soon as I understand completely how horrible the pain is. Hope any of this helps :-)

Thanks for taking the time to reply J
My local doctors and hospitals are a bit strange sometimes.My doctors is always busy too- your lucky to get an appointment within a weekof when you first phone up.
I went to a and e and ended up staying in hospital. Turned outit was inflamed. Luckily the pain came under control pretty quickly- and my opis in about six weeks. Sorting out my diet!

Quick Reply

Latest