The Student Room Group

Would I be able to get a student loan?

Hi, I began a degree with the OU back in 2007 and completed about 210 points via various courses. Due to circumstances (mainly the arrival of my daughter and my illnesses whilst pregnant) I did not continue. Now I am considering going back to study but wish to pursue a different degree due to me going back into Early years work (the first degree was heading towards Health and social care). Would I be able to get a student loan to fund a part time OU degree? Thanks for reading
Original post by ezziejad
Hi, I began a degree with the OU back in 2007 and completed about 210 points via various courses. Due to circumstances (mainly the arrival of my daughter and my illnesses whilst pregnant) I did not continue. Now I am considering going back to study but wish to pursue a different degree due to me going back into Early years work (the first degree was heading towards Health and social care). Would I be able to get a student loan to fund a part time OU degree? Thanks for reading

Possibly. It works a little different with part time study. You would need to ask SFE - your 210 points are worth one year of undergraduate study.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending