The Student Room Group

Stressed!!

I am the youngest of two siblings quite a bit older than me. One is now a Doctor and one about to complete his business degree. I have AS Levels this year and am soooo ridiculously stressed by them. Due to this I have been feeling awful abd ended up seeing a Psychiatrist. I also have back problems so have been seeing someone about that as I'm in so much pain from sitting dowb trying to work all day. I have my first exam in less than 3 weeks and I'm stressed beyond velief and this holiday I have done very lottle work and I have no motovation. I'm permantly tired and used to know what I wanted to do at Uni but now have no clue. I'm confused about everything now. Every time I even walk downstairs I get shouted out to go and work or get told "I don't see you working very often" etc. This stresses me and out even more especially when my brother now gets involved telling me things like it is my life I'm wasting. Any ideas, I'm currently so stressed and have done very little work and do not feel anywhere near ready for exams. This has not been helpes by one of my teacher not finishing the syllabus yet.
Original post by EOZ123
I am the youngest of two siblings quite a bit older than me. One is now a Doctor and one about to complete his business degree. I have AS Levels this year and am soooo ridiculously stressed by them. Due to this I have been feeling awful abd ended up seeing a Psychiatrist. I also have back problems so have been seeing someone about that as I'm in so much pain from sitting dowb trying to work all day. I have my first exam in less than 3 weeks and I'm stressed beyond velief and this holiday I have done very lottle work and I have no motovation. I'm permantly tired and used to know what I wanted to do at Uni but now have no clue. I'm confused about everything now. Every time I even walk downstairs I get shouted out to go and work or get told "I don't see you working very often" etc. This stresses me and out even more especially when my brother now gets involved telling me things like it is my life I'm wasting. Any ideas, I'm currently so stressed and have done very little work and do not feel anywhere near ready for exams. This has not been helpes by one of my teacher not finishing the syllabus yet.

Hi there, :smile:

I'm sorry you've waited so long for a reply and that you seem to be having such a tough time at the moment.

As for your siblings, could you perhaps talk to them or your parents and explain that you feel pressured, that you're doing what you can but they're nagging isn't helpful. That's not a good environment to be in. Alternatively perhaps you could work else where, away from that negative atmosphere such as your local library or a friends house.

I know it's easier said than done but try not to panic, at the end of the day they are just exams, everyone gets stressed and worst case scenario you can re-take them if you don't do well enough, it's really not the end of the world.
If you find yourself feeling too stressed to work, take a break, just stop and do something your enjoy like reading or playing video games it can really help to lighten your mood. Also going for a walk can be a good mood boaster, if nothing else it gets you out of the house.

As for revision, I'm more than happy to give you some advise in regards to how to revise if you feel this would be beneficial.

Try to keep your chin up, I hope your circumstances improve soon. :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest