Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

medicine

Announcements Posted on
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DazzYa6)
    you didn't seem to when frances queried you on something about it

yes i am carr,cookie and dazya.......

you still have answered me how old are you - it certainly appears that you are not my age ( 18 )
    No - coz we've covered this before! and you've PMed me and asked me to marry you on a thread - I think you know how old I am!

I'm 28 for those who care (I'm guessing no one!) I have a degree in Genetics, a D.Phil in cancer Research and a place to study Medicine in 2004.

My aquaintance at college is a history grad, doing an acheology based DPhil, and is doing A-Level Chem and Biol in a year at the moment.....
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    No - coz we've covered this before! and you've PMed me and asked me to marry you on a thread - I think you know how old I am!

I'm 28 for those who care (I'm guessing no one!) I have a degree in Genetics, a D.Phil in cancer Research and a place to study Medicine in 2004.

My aquaintance at college is a history grad, doing an acheology based DPhil, and is doing A-Level Chem and Biol in a year at the moment.....
    lol by that time i would have graduated ^^
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    i applied to dentistry at queen mary, manchester, liverpool, and sheffield and got all 4 offers - and my interviews sucked ( apart from the liverpool one )
    And you don't know what Max Fac is? Scary

It's Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery.....
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    And you don't know what Max Fac is? Scary

It's Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery.....
    how the hell is that scary? LOL i've never come across it in my life and i asked a friend and he didn't know about it either!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    how the hell is that scary? LOL i've never come across it in my life and i asked a friend and he didn't know about it either!
    Hmm.. so did you do much research on dentistry before applying???

Where are you acceptimg as firm?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    lol by that time i would have graduated ^^
    And if you were going into Medical or clincial oncology, as I wish to do, you'll be sweating trying to a) make sure you intercalate, and b) be trying to get someone to take you on as a PhD/D.Phil/MD student to gain the nec. research quals to get to consultant.....

Swings and roundabouts my friend, swings and roundabouts!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hmm.. so did you do much research on dentistry before applying???

Where are you acceptimg as firm?
    yes i researched about it but never come across MaxFac!!! i even went to some open days and it didn't crop up not once

Liverpool: Firm Manchester: Ins ( should be the other way around but i fell in love with liverpool and manchester has a very high offer )
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    And if you were going into Medical or clincial oncology, as I wish to do, you'll be sweating trying to a) make sure you intercalate, and b) be trying to get someone to take you on as a PhD/D.Phil/MD student to gain the nec. research quals to get to consultant.....

Swings and roundabouts my friend, swings and roundabouts!
    lol, no after i graduate i will practice my profession and not study for any further qualifications ^^

period.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    lol, no after i graduate i will practice my profession and not study for any further qualifications ^^

period.
    That's honorable. It shows you're interested in grass roots dentistry, and not a career in the bigger bucks margin.

For info, you might find this helpful for Max Fac info etc...
    http://www.baoms.org.uk
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    That's honorable. It shows you're interested in grass routes dentisrty, and not a career inthe bigger bucks margin.

For info, you might find this helpful for Max Fac info etc...
    http://www.baoms.org.uk
    i think i'll be on a good salary after i graduate thanks, especially if i work in private practice for the NHS
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    i think i'll be on a good salary after i graduate thanks, especially if i work in private practice for the NHS
    I'm not saying you won't, but it's not the upper end of the pay scale is it. Nor is it 'status' dentistry. I really admire that.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm not saying you won't, but it's not the upper end of the pay scale is it. Nor is it 'status' dentistry. I really admire that.
    lol i know - dentistry is very good money
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Out of interest, which are percieved as the prestigous dental schools.

I realise that it's probably like medicine, in that a degree is a degree and it's what you do post-qualification that counts, but as Oxbridge don't offer dentistry courses, is there a 'big two' amongst thoses that do offer the degree?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Out of interest, which are percieved as the prestigous dental schools.

I realise that it's probably like medicine, in that a degree is a degree and it's what you do post-qualification that counts, but as Oxbridge don't offer dentistry courses, is there a 'big two' amongst thoses that do offer the degree?
    in direct answer to your question, a degree in dentistry is a degree in dentistry and it is up to you where you go to do it and what you are happy with - reason i picked Liverpool was because the accomodation is damn sexy and the interview went well.... the nightlife is excellent and the people are friendly
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    in direct answer to your question, a degree in dentistry is a degree in dentistry and it is up to you where you go to do it and what you are happy with - reason i picked Liverpool was because the accomodation is damn sexy and the interview went well.... the nightlife is excellent and the people are friendly

..I thought as much
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    ..I thought as much
    so after you qualify, and i qualify we'll live together and you can be my partner and..... NOT have kids
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    so after you qualify, and i qualify we'll live together and you can be my partner and..... NOT have kids
    Kids are soo not on my agenda! Plus I think my ohterhalf might have something to say about that!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Kids are soo not on my agenda! Plus I think my ohterhalf might have something to say about that!
    pfffffffft

i don't want to have kids either =/
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    fluffy seems too ambitious to have kids

yet, i would say i'm ambitious and i'd love to have 4! doubt that would ever be possible though
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Butterfly)
    fluffy seems too ambitious to have kids

yet, i would say i'm ambitious and i'd love to have 4! doubt that would ever be possible though
Updated: April 25, 2004
New on TSR

Moving on from GCSEs

What advice would you give someone starting A-levels?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.