The Student Room Group

Roughly how many hours of productivity do you have in a working day?

And how do you manage not to beat yourself up for not doing more?

I currently have maybe 4 hours in an 8 hour day of consistent productive work and beat myself up about it loads.
Reply 1
I spend 95% of my time procrastinating, 4% distracting others, and 1% is dedicated to critical thinking.
Reply 2
4/5 roughly. cannot do anymore than that amount in a day!
Reply 3
Interesting question. Probably 1 on a very good day. Average around 0.5
Original post by samba
Interesting question. Probably 1 on a very good day. Average around 0.5

Beat me to it. Ditto.

And I have a full time job :lol:
Not as many as my boss thinks. I take a minute 5 break anytime one of the engineers moans that I should be doing paperwork and not him (as I'm female and he isn't) and my one hour lunch break sometimes accidentally overspills (promise it's an accident :colondollar:)
If we're taking daily averages in hours, around 0.25 hours (if that even).
Reply 7
2-4hours typically
Reply 8
If everybody procrastinates too much then how come I see myself as inherently weak for having relatively low work efficiency? :-S
Original post by Riku
If everybody procrastinates too much then how come I see myself as inherently weak for having relatively low work efficiency? :-S

Because you have some serious mental issues
Reply 10
Typically 2-4 hours spent working in a day. I'll spend some of the rest of the time *thinking* about what work I need to do and how to do it, which make things more efficient when I actually do them.
Original post by Riku

Because we should all be doing more, but some of us are just better at coming up with justifications (I just rang 4 people, couldn't get through to them, but I feel like I've been at least somewhat productive so I'm treating myself to 2 minutes on TSR - although I've not really been all that productive really).
Reply 12
50% of the time in my life I have had for as long as needed and for the other 50% I have had constant but of low power.
About 0.5, I spend most of my time thinking about how I'm going to do stuff and why I should do it instead of doing anything :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest