The Student Room Group

aqa humanities 12 mark questions!! urgent!! GCSE

Can someone please give me a basic/detailed structure of how to answer 12 mark questions for the AQA Humanities exam. Would be a great help because I have absolutely no idea how to?!
Reply 1
what subject is this??
Omg I am so happy to hear about someone else who does humanities at school XD:biggrin: !!! Did you also philosophy last year? But yeah, about your question, I always do the following: I write a sentence or two explaining what the question is asking me to do(our teacher told us to do this as it shows the examiner that you understand the question) e.g. 'This question is asking us to explain the effectiveness of democracy and to include a personal opinion'. Then it depends on the topic of your question, so if it is a philosophy and ethics/religion based question I would describe each different group's perspective in a different paragraph, e.g. Roman Catholics in paragraph 1; Quakers in paragraph two and maybe another religion in another paragraph. I always give my own opinion in the second to last paragraph as it forms a suitable ending to a long essay answer. Then I have a short conclusion about the general opinion of these different groups.
If your question is based on politics etc. I would just make a quick plan before you write the actual answer and use each paragraph for a different point (I can't say much about it as it really depends on the specific question). I hope that was kind of helpful :colondollar:!!! Good luck!!

Quick Reply

Latest