The Student Room Group

Camp America and moving on

AsAs
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
I haven't been in this situation but if you just google, there's quite a few threads on this topic on the Camp America forum.
http://www.campamerica.co.uk/members/forum/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=15328&hilit=relationship
Reply 2
Three months?! My God, how will you cope?
Reply 3
Three months will disappear like nothing.

However, an English boy in America? Good luck keeping the girls away from him...

seriously, it's crazy out there. I've been to America a few times and girls flocked around me. The amount of attention I got was ridiculous, and that was just in a week or two each time.
Reply 4
I guess trust is everything

But I'm not sure how to deal with the thought of him hanging out with all these American girls that I don't know and who don't know about me...

I dont trust them that's the issue
How do I deal with this?
I guess you are about 18, three months isn't very long even at that age, and especially after a year of dating. When I was 17 I got together with a girlfriend in the middle of July, left on a gap yah trip two weeks later, didn't come back till the end of August. Didn't make the slightest bit of difference and we remained together until Christmas. Last year (age 20-21) I spent a year working in France after a year and a half with my current girlfriend, though it was challenging there was never any question of breaking up, much less cheating.

Just get on with it and enjoy the time you have to yourself to go out with the girls or even put together your own girls' holiday.

Mind you, the American girls will swoon almost instantly at the British accent ... especially if they're lower-middle-class
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply