The Student Room Group

Please Please Help

My boyfriend has applied to go to Bath Uni for electronic engineering degree and when he got showed around he realised he wanted to actually do the mechanical engineering degree. He said its too late to swap courses. I didn't do UCAS. So don't understand why he can't just phone the Uni and say is there space and switch me. Can anyone help please? I am worried he will have to take a year out for no reason. x
The reason he can't just change courses at the drop of the hat is a number of things really.

Firstly, all the spaces for the course he may want to change to may be full up, so there is no space for him to get onto the course.

Also, he would need to rewrite his whole personal statement to suit the new course which takes time which he may not have

Thirdly, the universities may look down on his application if he just swapped courses mid application

And Finally, your boyfriend may need specific grades, work experience or qualifications which he needs to get onto this new course which he may not have already.

I hope this Helps,

Kind Regards. :smile:
If he still wants to go to Bath then he should email the admissions department and ask to swap courses. If there are any spaces on the mech eng course then they'll probably let him. Lots of people email their unis asking to change course every year. Tbh the above poster is talking nonsense apart from their first point about the course being full, although as the courses are in the same department there shouldn't be a problem.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending