The Student Room Group

Queen Mary vs KCL vs Bristol for history

I've had offers from all 3, but completely stuck on which to go with. I am hesitant on how much I should focus on the prestige of the Uni. KCL and Bristol are both solid unis and have built themselves quite a reputation. However, Queen Mary are definitely up and coming, what with their recent entry to the Russel Group unis. I think I slightly prefer the course content at QM and I also have an unconditional offer based on my interview where I was awarded an 'excellent potential' offer. However, I can't decide whether their slightly lower rep' should be a deal breaker for me. Any advice or knowledge on the difference this may make to future careers etc. would be much appreciated! Cheers.
(edited 9 years ago)
If you prefer the course at QM, then fine. If not, choose between KCL and Bristol.

Forget the 'Russell Group factor' and the unconditional offer bribe.
Forget all ideas of RG, League Tables, 'unconditional offers' and all that other nonsense - its just marketing. And none of it will mean you enjoy the course more or have a happier life.

Look at the course details - read the descriptions of all the optional units for all years of the course, which would you actually choose? Where can you do optional units in other subjects, or a Year Abroad? Think about the expense of living in London and if you would feel happier in a smaller city.

General advice about Firm/Insurance choices here - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Firm_and_insurance_choices

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending