Geography = 7b
History = 7b
Art = 7a
Science = A (gces Grade)
Ict (dida): A* (done my gcse early)
English: 6b
French : 6a
R.E: 6a (highest possible)

with those reults what would I be predicted for GCSE? I am taking English, English literature, Maths, Biology,Chemistry,Physics, History,Geography, French, Business studies,R.E and Ict (taken already) . It would be appreciated if gcse grades are predicted fot all of my Gcse Subjects. Thanks...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
can anyone help please
There aren't many year nines on here, I'm not sure as you'll find many people that remember how the levels work or what's good or not or anything. From what I do remember they seem pretty good to me, no idea what you'd be predicted though....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Trust me, levels will not help you when you get to GCSEs.

Sciences levels to be quite a good indicator if you continue to learn and understand the content, but there isn't anything hard work or lack of it can't change.

In English, levels are not so useful.

GCSE flips your view of education around dramatically. Ain't much you can do but work hard and choose subjects you'll enjoy.

Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by BULL14
maths = 7a (predicted 8c)
Geography = 7b
History = 7b
Art = 7a
Science = A (gces Grade)

with those reults what would I be predicted for GCSE? I am taking English, English literature, Maths, Biology,Chemistry,Physics, History,Geography, French, Business studies,R.E and Ict (taken already) . It would be appreciated if gcse grades are predicted fot all of my Gcse Subjects. Thanks...

Current GCSE grade conversion:
(This isn't exact for each topic but generally)

A*= Exceptional Progress
A=Exceptional Progress
B= LEVEL 8
C= LEVEL 7
D= LEVEL 6
E= LEVEL 5
F= LEVEL 4
G= LEVEL 3
U= LEVEL 2

Prediction (It is a little flakey but this is what the goverment says:smile:
LEVEL 5= C
LEVEL 6=B
LEVEL 7=A
LEVEL 8= A*
You can now convert any Level to a GCSE grade
BE WARNED TEACHERS WILL MESS WITH YOUR GRADES TO SHOW PROGRESS
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by BULL14
maths = 7a (predicted 8c)
Geography = 7b
History = 7b
Art = 7a
Science = A (gces Grade)

English Language and Literature: B
Maths: A*
Science: A/A* (you won't get single grades until specific science tests)
R.S: A* (if 6a is truly the highest)
Business: You'll get a target after your first assessment
History: A/A*
Geography: A/A*
French: A/B

This is how my school did it:

A* - 7b+
A - 7c
B - 6c-6a
C - 5c-5a

With the exception to languages, where a 6a - A

So yes, they are good - but you must remember levels don't really mean anything, GCSEs are predicted and graded completely differently to levels. For example, I was a 6b in Maths and English and I got A*s in the end.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 6
Everything looks fine, but according to my school's level system your english level is quite low.
Reply 7
Will my dida count when applying to uni and are my options good enough for oxbridge applicant
Reply 8
Original post by Sulfur
English Language and Literature: B
Maths: A*
Science: A/A* (you won't get single grades until specific science tests)
R.S: A* (if 6a is truly the highest)
Business: You'll get a target after your first assessment
History: A/A*
Geography: A/A*
French: A/B

This is how my school did it:

A* - 7b+
A - 7c
B - 6c-6a
C - 5c-5a

With the exception to languages, where a 6a - A

So yes, they are good - but you must remember levels don't really mean anything, GCSEs are predicted and graded completely differently to levels. For example, I was a 6b in Maths and English and I got A*s in the end.

what about art?
Reply 9
Original post by BULL14
what about art?

An A* probably, but you're not taking it?
You can't really tell, mainly because the levels used are not universal; they mean different things at different schools.
Reply 11
Original post by AlphaNick
Lol what. In year 9 I was working at a level 6 in English, and I got an A* in Nov 2013

you cannot compare GCSE grades to those pathetic 'level' things...

Yeah that kinda thing happens to a lot of people myself included but it is what the goverment predict you at like I said it id flakey
Reply 12
Original post by JacobMcLaughlin
You can't really tell, mainly because the levels used are not universal; they mean different things at different schools.

Er sorry to be pedantic but they are called National Curriculum Levels so they are used nationwide in the UK. I am not sure about Academies or private schools though. Sorry but I felt pedantic I leave you in peace now.
Hmm yeah that's fine. However, I would work on the Level 6 subjects and bring them up. Also, things get different when you start GCSEs (ICT doesn't count because I remember we got worried about that in Year 9 then got to Year 10 and realised we shouldn't have worried at all) and levels wont count for much
Reply 14
How are predicted grades for Gcse set anyway? Are they based on your year 9 achievements? thanks...
does it matter, just try your best
Levels don't really matter, honestly. I don't think you can tell what grade you will be predicted. But, your levels are really good so I'm thinking A and A*s. At my school, its based on how you're doing, how the people in your year are doing, what teachers think and the sats we did in primary school :s-smilie: Also, I haven't heard of anyone in my school getting level 8's when I was in Year 9..
Original post by Bria331
Er sorry to be pedantic but they are called National Curriculum Levels so they are used nationwide in the UK. I am not sure about Academies or private schools though. Sorry but I felt pedantic I leave you in peace now.

There are not set grade boundaries or no set papers, so actually, although the grades are technically the same in all schools, how well you have to do to attain those grades fluctuate.
Reply 18
Do you guys know how I could get my levels higher for English?
Original post by Bria331
Current GCSE grade conversion:
(This isn't exact for each topic but generally)

A*= Exceptional Progress
A=Exceptional Progress
B= LEVEL 8
C= LEVEL 7
D= LEVEL 6
E= LEVEL 5
F= LEVEL 4
G= LEVEL 3
U= LEVEL 2S

I got a Level 5 for English in my Year 9 SATS, 6 months later I got full marks on my first English GCSE paper. There's no way those figures can be accurate.

Quick Reply

Latest